Chapter 14

Michael's band practice was done, and we were on our way to my place. New York was filled with cars right now, me leaning on my hand as I lazily watched as people hurried home. The storm was coming up, so everyone wanted to get home. "What's on your mind?" I hear Michael's voice say beside me, making me turn my head.

"The storm." He smiles, grabbing my hand before kissing my knuckles.

"You honestly don't seem like the type who's afraid of storms," he says after a little silence, me just shrugging.

"I'm not... really afraid of it. I guess I just kind of feel... I don't know, somehow a bit scared of it. But whenever I'm with somebody else, it's okay. But if I have to be alone for it, I can get a bit scared." I hated admitting when I was scared of stuff, but somehow I didn't mind with Michael.

I look at Michael, him smiling sweetly at me, before his smile turned into a frown as he knitted his eyebrows. "Uhmm, I don't really remember him all that much, but isn't that Maddie's boyfriend?" He moved his head towards the street. I turn my head, true enough seeing Jack standing with his back to the wall. I nod, then realizing that he was looking at the girl fishing something up from her purse, smirking at him, before he pulled her in, full-on making out with her. My eye widen. Jack then takes her hand, starting to go down the street, turning.

"Follow them," I command, Michael signing he was turning to the right, soon following them, Jack repeatingly grabbing her butt, them now and then stop their walking to make out, doing hand stuff. I actually watch as he taking his hand up under her red dress that barely covered her ass. Soon I see them entering an apartment. "Oh my god." Jack was cheating on her, I knew he was no good. I felt the tears whelm up in my eyes, I knew Maddie really liked him, and the memories of James came back to me.

"Hey," Michael's voice rung, actually seming distant in my ears. I look back at him, his hand making its way to my cheek. I honestly didn't really want to, but I pulled my face away from touch. I close my eyes, imagening the look of James and the other girl in front of me, tears going down my cheek.

I take a deep breath, "I'm sorry, everything just kind of got back to me."

"Hey hey, it's okay. This is why we're taking it show, for you to give yourself time to heal before it gets serious," Michael speaks, his hand lying on my arm. It had started raining outside, me taking a deep breath. "Do you need me to take you home and leave? If that's what you need, it's okay." I shake my head, taking a deep breath in a try in stopping my sobs.

"No, I need you right now. To remind me that I have someone to treat me right." He smiles at me, and I see him about to lean in for a kiss, but he stops himself. I give him a smile, pulling him in for a kiss.

"Let's go then," he says as I pulled away from the kiss again. He starts the car, hitting the speeder as we soon arrived at my building. We take the elevator, Michael taking his distance. He knew that in moments like these, I needed my distance. How did he? This moment hadn't been here before. But I was grateful he did. He probably knew that it was moments like these where I wasn't ready for a relationship. Even though the elevator ride wasn't so long, I let my back slide down the side. As we arrived, and the doors opened, I sat frozen.

"You sure you don't need me to leave?" Michael asks, looking down at me with concern. I nod, looking up at him.

"Right now Maddie's on my mind," I admit, taking his hand down for me to take it. I do so, him pulling me up with ease.

"Maybe you should call her?" I shake my head, unlocking my door.

"Not now. She's been talking about visiting Katie for ages, I don't want to ruin it for her. I'll tell her when she gets back." We enter the apartment, my mood obviously really low, my head spinning with what I just saw and flashbacks.

Don't Stop | Michael Cliffordजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें