Chapter 44

(Ezra's POV)

Today being Valentines Day and the first birthday celebration of our twins, it is a very busy day today. The party is small, the invited guests limited as we only invited the kids and the staff of the daycare, our family and friends which will be set in our backyard and if anyone wanted to swim, our swimming pool is very open to anyone.

"Da, givs!" Alex grins while Elicia is being fed by my lovely wife with mashed potatoes. I've been worried for Aria for awhile now since she has been showing signs of her sickness more and more as time passes by like vomiting and sleeping excessively. She brushes it off and says she's just tired. I'm don't with her excuse so I had a doctor's appointment planned tomorrow even if it's against her wishes. After all, I'm only looking out for her well-being.

"To all the kids here, please go in front so we can have our last game and then we'll eat afterwards!" The clown said and Alex cringes in my arms. So today, we found out a very interesting fact about our lovely twins.

Elicia was afraid of lizards and Alex possessing coulrophobia commonly known as fear of clowns.

We found out when we were playing hide and seek before today's party when Elicia was hiding behind the curtain where she always hides then a lizard popped out of nowhere and she cried until the party started. As for Alex, we only discovered his fear when the clown was done with his make up then when we were about to greet him, Alex froze and started to whimper before he full-on cried and started to run outside. If my kids weren't really scared, I would've found it adorable, even.

"Buh, pway wif me!" Elicia begged as she tried to pull down Alex from my arms as he shook his head with so much fervor.

"No, no!" Alex shouted and wrapped his arms tighter around me and I looked at Aria, begging for help.

"Come here now, my princess. Your brother doesn't want to play with the clown so let's play together instead, hmm?" Aria cooed and Elicia immediately agreed and left off with her mom.

After the game, almost every kid were worn out and since the eating part followed, under ten minutes, the kids revived their energies and were buzzing like little bees.

I refused to eat, not unless everyone was finished and Aria did the same.

Except she was currently munching on a hotdog sandwich with fried pickles together with a not-so-healthy tub of strawberry ice cream.

"What? It's the only thing that settles my stomach, doesn't make me want to throw up to my next life." Aria giggled and I just shook my head and laughed with her. But that lingering thought still remained.

Pickles and strawberry ice cream.

I pushed the thoughts away.

When we had given out the loot bags for the kids who attended and some goodies for their parents and some adults, one by one, the guests dwindled until it was only the girls, Ella, Byron, Mike, Wesley and mom who were basically cleaning up the yard.

Emily being off from her so-called 'competition diet', was currently eating a plate of the chocolate cake the twins had as she walks towards me.

"I swear I can't bear being with Hanna if I'm eating, and speaking of eating, I noticed what Aria was eating awhile ago. Is she conceiving or what?" Emily gushed and when everyone heard the last sentence, they all swarmed around me and asked me questions but you can never not catch Hanna's question.

"You two making baby number three or is it coming soon?" Hanna asked and Emily almost spat her cake as she was choking on it. The others laughed, with the exception of Byron.

"You better make my daughter rest for at least another year, Fitzgerald. Keep that thing calm inside your pants." Byron mockingly admonished.

"Byron!" Ella gasped whilst the others especially Mike, laughed his lungs off. My mother slowly approaches me, giving me a motherly hug.

"You better start practicing or making my third grandchild, Ezra." Ella said but Spencer cut us off.

"Speaking of, I saw her running inside the house, holding her stomach. Something you wanna tell us, Ezra?" She smirked and I just shook my head.

"I would gladly announce that she's pregnant," I said and everyone gasped. Shock then happiness registered on everyone's faces but before they can congratulate me, I continued, "if that was the case."

Everyone frowned at me but Hanna stepped up and slapped my face, not that hard but it still hurt.

"You twerp! You fooled everyone!" She remarked and slapped my arm but not as hard as how she slapped my face.

"No but seriously, you have to go inside and look for her, she looked really sick." Spencer side-commented and I ran to the house to look for my wife.

"Aria? Aria, baby, where are you?" I called out but I heard a noise inside the washroom beside the kitchen and opened it.

"Jesus, Aria, are you okay?" I worriedly asked her while checking her temperature at the same time. Nothing out of place with her temperature so I checked her pulse of it was off. Thank God it wasn't so I started to question myself, what is wrong with her?

"I'm fine, love." Aria reassured and I clicked my tongue, telling her that I won't buy her answer.

"No, really. What is it?" I asked her again.

"Sleepy." She said and as if on cue, a yawn escapes her mouth and she snuggles against me. I sighed as I carried her upstairs to our bedroom for her to rest. I was conflicted between what was really the problem with Aria and I can only come up with two reasons and I wish it's the latter one.

It's either because of her sickness or if she's... I don't even want to say it because it would lift my spirits and if it's not that, well, I only hoped for something that won't happen and I don't want to be over the moon and later find out that it's not true anyway.

It's either because she's sick or we're expecting on the way our third child.

~

A/N: sorry for the delay and tbh it's late but.... happy new year!!!! haha hope you'll have a prosperous 2015!

so i wasn't able to tell you guys that i was gonna join a tournament on the 17th... then i backed out hahaha

and my SATs are this coming 24th so yolo (im an international student and was planning to go study college in New York since we kinda have a house there also in Maryland but I decided to study my MBA there instead hehehe)

maybe not all of my readers are Catholics or whatnot but I felt so blessed because Pope Francis visited my country and I got the chance to see him yesterday!!! wooha

since there are 6 chapters to go including the epilogue, if you wanna request something to happen in this fanfic, suggest and tell me then I'll see if I can make it happen! ;)

thank you for giving me a good 2014 by supporting my work and even if we'll only have the first quarter of 2015 together with Ezra and Aria's journey, I would like to take this moment to thank you in advance for 2015!

cheers to many more blessings to come!

Kat xo