Chapter 42

"Are you okay?" I asked my wife as she looked pale as if she saw a ghost while sitting down in front of our English muffin and omelette. She meekly nodded and I knew something was up with her.

Mary brought the twins to the daycare because we woke up late today and that left us alone for our breakfast this morning and so far, it's not that pleasant as I expected it to be.

"E-excuse me." Aria said and rushed out of the dining table. I immediately followed through and ran after her, hot on her wheels.

"Aria!" I knocked on the door because she locked, forbidding me to go in and help her out. Hearing her vomit inside the locked bathroom for a while now, I got scared when I heard a loud thud. With adrenaline pumping through my veins, I ran to our bedroom, got her pouch where all her medical accessories and prescribed injections are and got the master's key and rushed back to the bathroom downstairs.

Opening the door, I fell beside her on the floor, assessing her condition. Pouring rubbing alcohol on a cotton, I wiped her skin where I will inject her medicine and when the syringe touched her skin, she groaned, knowing all-too well what's going to happen.

"Take a deep breath, Aria." I said and when she did, i injected her medicine and she cringes silently because she can't do anything about it. When her sickness attacks, we have to be alert and always be in our right and proper minds.

Picking her up from the bathroom floor, I set her on the living room couch and since she barely touched her breakfast, I cooked a simple chicken noodle soup for her. Dr. Smith advised us not to go to the hospital anymore if she faints because it's normal with all the medicine she's taking since her body is getting accustomed to it, he advised that we should only bring her to the hospital after an hour passed and she didn't wake up so I didn't bother bringing her.

~

Since Aria fainted, I took a sick leave to take care of her. When the twins arrived thirty minutes passed noon, they were sleeping so I carried them to me and Aria's room so they can sleep with my wife.

"How is she?" Mary asked while she prepared lunch for everyone.

"Resting. I woke her up a few hours back for her to eat breakfast so I'm sure she's famished due to her medicine." I told her and grabbed some water to drink so I can calm my nerves down.

"I'll just call them so we could eat." I said and excused myself.

Going up the stairs, hearing the twins giggling signaled that they're up and probably woke up their mother who's enjoying her peaceful slumber.

"Ezra! Why didn't you go to work today?" Aria greeted when I entered the room and saw that she's tickling the twins, the reason behind why they were laughing.

"I need to watch and monitor your condition after you fainted, love." I explained and kissed her forehead and did the same to Alex and Elicia. Aria followed and kissed the foreheads of our twins and they gurgled a happy response. The twins were trying to talk and Aria grinned.

"Yes? Go on, my angels." She urged them to try and talk more.

I watched silently in awe as Alex and Elicia tried to talk and I realized they were trying to say the same thing together. I grabbed my phone in my pocket to record this in case they utter their first words.

"Go on, Angels." Aria cooed and kissed their chubby cheeks again.

"Lub-" Alex said and Aria and I gasped in shock and excitement.

"Lub!" Elicia imitated and Aria started tearing up.

"L-lub ma-da!" The both of them babbled and giggled afterward and when I tried to absorb the words they said, my heart melted and I started to shake because of unreleased tears.

Lub, ma-da!

Love, mom-dad!

Aria and I just stared at each other and we started to cry hysterically because of our kids. It's a good thing I caught that all in camera.

"T-they said their first words together, Ezra." She said, still in shock and I just laughed as I wiped her tears away.

"I know. It was exhilarating to see that!" I proclaimed.

Their first smile and their first footsteps are something but nothing can beat their first words. I'm in complete awe.

"I feel like this is the only time we'll enjoy them talking, you know, during childhood. I'm not looking forward to their rebellious teenage years and whatever bad things will come out of their mouths by then." Aria giggled and I laughed with her.

"You're right about that. And I don't really look forward to them growing up. I just want them like this because then they have to depend to people and I feel so full of myself because I helped them and the fact that I'm their father just adds the icing to the cake." I said and can't help but gloat.

This is probably the hardest thing being a parent.

Seeing your kids grow and then they will eventually grow into a more mature people and most of the time, if not always, they tend to forget and neglect that we are still their parents. I inwardly cried because of that thought. I just hope that that won't happen to me and Aria as parents.

~

"Good night, tiger." I said and kissed Alex's forehead. Doing the same to Elicia, I said, "Good night, princess."

Aria just hugged me as we look at our little bundle of joy and she sighed happily.

"I wish I can just freeze time and always have them as babies but the other part of me wants to see them grow up too." Aria quietly mentioned and I just nodded in response.

"Lub ma-da!" Elicia squealed and then yawned. Aria and I laughed silently.

"Lub ma-da!" Alex squealed as he wrapped his arms around his twin and since I found it adorable so I took a picture of them.

"Mom loves you, too." Aria said and kissed our twins goodnight.

"And your dad loves you too, our little angels."

~

A/N: the twins said their first words!!!!! yay!

so it's my Christmas break from school and I can guarantee that there's a Christmas chapter after this which I will upload on Christmas!!!!! (UTC +08:00 tho so that depends where you're from heheh)

hope you enjoyed this chapter! don't forget to vote, leave a comment, share this to your other friends and follow me for the last 8 updates!!

BTW I FINALIZED THE ENDING OF THIS BOOK SO BUCKLE UP FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET BLOWN AWAY or idk hopefully??? hahhahaha

SPOILER AHEAD!!!!

question: is the ending sad or happy?

my answer: the ending had a letter 'a' in it so you guess because it can be sad or happy HAHAHHAAH im evil

okay that's all for now!

Kat xo