Chapter 31

You know what's the best part of being a husband?

Waking up and welcoming a new day with the woman of your dreams in your arms.

Being a dad?

Waking up and knowing that you're a dad that is being relied on for protection and security.

But everything has its downside.

Me changing my son's diaper right now can attest to that and to top my morning with an encore, he peed at me. Gross!

"Alex Fitzgerald! That's not cool, little man. Not at all." I scolded my five-week old son and heard laughter behind me. "Aria I don't see anything funny here."

She giggled some more.

"Sorry, husband. It's just that it's funny to see you covered in your son's pee." She said and laughed some more. It just annoyed me to the point that I want to hug her so that she too, will be covered in Alex's pee.

"Can you at least change his diaper so I can go have a quick shower and change?" I practically begged my wife who was still in hysterics because of laughter.

"Of course but I still have to nurse the twins so you better cook the breakfast." Aria ordered and I went out of the room in no time and rushed to our shower in the bedroom.

- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -

Since it's Saturday and I'm going to start going back to work this Monday, we decided to buy clothes and other necessities for Alex and Elicia so we headed to the nearest Babies R Us in Downtown. Of course, the girls decided to tag along to help Aria with her picks.

The first place in my itinerary is to buy two new and bigger cribs because damn, they're growing too fast! I picked the biggest and ordered two and I'll pay at the counter as soon as I'm done with all the things I have to purchase. Next stop, clothing area.

A blue onesie caught my attention so I grabbed it to have a little look and grinned to myself when I read the text.

Daddy's Drinking Buddy

I hunt for more witty lines in a onesie and found another one.

Handsome just like my daddy

I laughed to myself and left to look for my wife and the girls before I lead myself on and buy every onesie I see.

I heard Aria and the girls bickering at the other side of the column and went there to see what they're all up to.

"No, this bedsheet is better!" Hanna whined and Aria rolled her eyes.

"It looks horrible, Han!" My wife replied. So they're quarreling over bedsheets? Typical Hanna to make a small problem into a big one and fuss over it. The one Hanna wants is actually good but apparently my wife didn't like it.

"Buy those two, it's okay." I engaged with their conversation and Hanna clasped her hands in appreciation.

"Thanks, A!" Hanna squealed and put the bedsheet in the cart as I groaned and I heard Spencer sigh too.

"Stop it, Hanna. It isn't funny anymore." Spencer scolded Hanna and Emily just stood there looking for two more bedsheets with Aria and this time around, they're looking for a boy's bedsheet.

I left the girls to their business and did a little inspection of the things they put in the cart.

Ten bottles, six onesies, four bedsheets and two new and bigger cribs. I think that's enough for today.

I went back to the crib area and told the young man to bring the two cribs to the counter where we were and I pulled my credit card to pay.

"All that shopping is exhausting, where shall we eat?" Aria asked and I shrugged in return.