Chapter 7: Cheesy moments with Ezria

((Ezra’s POV))

After getting the chance to copy Aria’s bucket list in my phone, I went straight to the hospital Sneaky, I know.

I felt like a living zombie for the past weeks. I only lived with coffee and I was drinking it every other five hours. Damn, I’ll die with too much intake of caffeine. I was holding her hand and trying not to cry. This girl lying down in front of me means the world to me.

I was on the brink of losing my sanity and was holding Aria’s hand as I said, “Aria, baby, please let me explain everything. Just wake up. I miss you, Aria. I love you so much.”

I managed to say and I closed my eyes.

((Aria’s POV))

My body feels numb. All of my limbs are dead. I can’t control any part of my body. Where the hell am I? I can’t even open my eyes but that’s okay, it seems like all other four of my senses are hyperactive and heightened. I can smell that I’m in the hospital and as the clock ticks, memories flood my brain.

The moment when my own life flashed before my very own eyes.

I gasp internally as I rediscover and imagine how the pain felt. As if Satan himself was playing my broken bones, licking my back as pain shot everywhere, pierced my lungs as I struggle to find my breath.

Those few seconds or maybe even minutes felt like hell.

And I wish I won’t go through it ever again.

I was wishing to the divine providence that if I die someday, I hope I won’t feel as much as pain as I went through that time until I finally felt something.

A hand over mine.

I tried to move my hand but there was no movement. Damn it!

I tried again and this time, my index finger flinched. At least, it followed my brain’s command.

And the hand that was hovering above mine about seconds ago felt it.

“A-Aria baby?” A thick, husky voice called out my name and in that instant, I knew who he was.

Ezra.

My Ezra.

((Ezra’s POV))

I felt Aria’s hand move a bit under my hand and I woke up, about to slip through the darkness.

“A-Aria baby?” Her fresh pair of eyes fluttered as I called her. I was crossing my fingers already, hoping to see her eyes that I’ve longed for. It was part of my 11:11 wishes, it was the first thing I’d wish if ever I get the chance to see a genie. Hell, I’d do anything just to see her eyes. Why?

Her eyes reveals her.

You can read through her when you look at those brown, chocolate eyes. You will drown in the intensity of her eyes when you lock yours with hers. Her eyes can basically speak her soul and emotions.

I even remembered the time when we first exchanged the phrase ‘I love you’ to each other.

I need to get these words out badly.

“Aria, I-I have to tell you something.” I stammer and she awaits, looking at me straight in the eyes, locking her fingers with mine.

“I love you.” I managed to get out but it sounds like an incoherent babble. Her eyes widen and I can see the beautiful stretches of brown in those eyes. And suddenly, her eyes widens with surprise… and love.