Chapter 15

Dedicated to @eliciag97! :)

~

As we hand our boarding pass to the gate stewardess, Aria hugged me and kissed my cheek. The lady in front of us smiled.

"Montgomery, Aria and erm, Fitz, Ezra?" The lady mentioned our names and we nodded.

"Oh, I thought you're a married couple, sorry." The woman blushed crimson and Aria joined her, causing me to chuckle.

"Soon."

"What was that?" Aria asked and narrowed her eyes.

"Nothing, my love."

- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -

We slumped in our beds as soon as we arrived in our hotel in Rome and slept until it was night time. I had the hotel give us arrangements for dinner at the closest restaurant near our hotel so if our jet lag takes a toll on us, it would be easier for us to go back to the hotel.

The hotel manager was really accommodating and even offered us a private ride during our tour around the capital and of course, who am I to turn down their offer? Tonight, the hotel manager would wake us up an hour before our reservation in the restaurant so we will be able to prepare.

"Aria, baby, wake up." I said as I rubbed my eyes and shaking Aria's shoulder simultaneously.

"No." She mewl out.

It's hard enough that we're sleeping in one bed at night for three weeks and now she's mewling at me like a Cheshire cat craving for fresh milk. Yes, it's hard enough. Pun intended and unintended.

I managed to get her out of the bed and now we were enjoying our dinner when suddenly one guy clinked a glass with his spoon.

"I'm sorry to disturb you all but this would be really fast." The Italian man said in English but with his native accent.

"Gabriella, ever since I met you, I knew you were the one. We've been through ups and downs and I can't wait to get through more problems and solve them with you." The man said and the woman across him from their table is now gaping at him like he grew two heads. "You're my everything, cara. Tu sei il mondo a me, Gabriella."

I was awed by his proposal but when he started speaking in his mother tongue, Aria teared up. Did she understand what the guy said?

Now the man was kneeling in front of the girl and was holding her left hand and the girl was crying. "Mi darà l'onore di essere tuo marito?" And the woman nodded fervently and everyone cheered. Even if you didn't know what he said, it obviously meant "Will you marry me?" or something like that.

"That was so sweet." Aria said and I wiped away a stray tear.

"Did you understand what he said?" I asked and she nodded.

"Well, I'm not sure if that's what he said but I still understood some words he said." Aria said and blushed. "He said that she means the world to him and if he would have the honor to be her husband."

I nod simply, trying to put that all to mind so when I propose to Aria, it would be sweet enough for her. She's a hopeless romantic and I'm not really a hearts-and-flowers kind of guy but I would be. For her.

"That's right, signora. Are you fluent in Italian?" The waiter said and it was obvious that he was trying to flirt with what's mine. Piss off!

"Um, I'm not married yet and I just know some phrases." Aria said gingerly and the waiter's grin got bigger.

"I see, bella signorina. Here is the bill." The waiter handed the bill to her and winked at Aria when their fingers touched. Aria blushed furiously and I was about to pounce on the guy for flirting with her but Aria squeezed my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back at her.