Chapter 47

(One month later)

All stressed out, going home is my remedy from the tons of paperwork I had and will check in the university. It's a good thing I'm a professor and I don't read and check essays like they were written by students who are just in second grade.

"Da here!" Elicia screamed and tried to run towards me as I entered the house but she tripped and my brave girl didn't cry, instead, she released a fit of giggles and Alex followed her as he was behind his sister.

"Hello, baby girl, having a good day so far?" I asked and planted a kiss on her forehead while she nods.

"Da up!" I heard Alex demand while tugging my trousers.

"Up you go, little man!" I teased as I slowly carried him and laughed how adorable he looks when he grins.

Going to our dining room and securing the kids in their booster chairs, I prepared and heated some macaroni and cheese that was left from breakfast this morning and placed them in baby bowls for the twins and placed it in front of them. They're already starting to eat by themselves, still so messy but nonetheless, they know how to eat and it's such a delight to see them so but it means that they're growing up and a part of me doesn't want to accept that.

It's been a little lonely being alone for a month now. Daily routines doesn't exactly match with my outgoing personality as it becomes dull after awhile. Wake up, go to work, eat, go home, sleep. Pattern repeats itself and voilà, you get the boring life of Ezra Fitzgerald.

Mary has been helpful with the kids and the girls, especially Spencer, tries their best to drop by and play and spoil their godchildren. Seeing them play with my twins, I can guarantee that the girls will do exemplary as mothers but I don't want to dwell on that since they're going to college soon and Spencer got into Hollis but I still don't know if she's really going to go there. It's awkward to have my wife's friend as my student and just thinking about it makes me cringe. I feel ancient and mournful because I miss their bestfriend.

I miss my wife.

Terribly that it hurts.

"Try not to be messy, little peanuts. It's hard to wash your clothes with all those stains." I tried to say sternly so I sound authorative but I failed because I ended up smiling because Elicia and Alex already had a stain in their onesies.

"Me sowwy, da." Alex mumbles but stuffs his mouth anyway with the small and far-from-fancy dinner that I prepared and I just had to laugh at his apology. It was obviously not coming from the bottom of his heart but from the bottom of his stomach.

"Me sowwy too, da." Elicia pouts while talking with her mouth full.

"Okay, okay, just try not to get messy for daddy, okay?" I sigh but still having a smile on my face and it only got bigger as they nod.

"Smells good." Aria said as she descends the stairs slowly while holding on to the bar. Aria!

"Aria, love, are you okay? Are you strong enough to walk from the bed?" I asked and swiftly ran towards her and carried her to her seat.

"I feel strong enough to walk down here and seeing the twins enjoy their dinner makes it all up for the miniscule energy I have." Aria giggled weakly and I smiled at her.

"Do you want me to re-heat some of the pasta? I saw it covered with foil when I got the mac and cheese from the fridge." I explained and she just shook her head.

"I'd rather eat nursery food with you together with our kids, husband." She grins.

                "Baby, call me or Mary if you want to go down okay? Or just be really, really careful, please?" I begged her as we get in to our bath. I feel like it's been decades since we last shared an intimate bath together.

"Jeez, Ezra, I want to have make love with you and I have been for the past week, if I can manage going down on you, I can fully manage going down the stairs with ease." Aria sultrily said and I felt my cheeks and neck burn with desire, embarrassment and shocked because she's being crude.

"You look like you need to let off steam right now, too. Maybe I can help?" She asked as she trails down her fingers down and I can't help but groan.

"Are you sure you want to do it here?" I rasped out, thinking of ways how to do it if she says 'yes'.

"Yes."

Yes!

                "You need your medicines now, sweetheart." I said as we finished our round two of love-making and caught a glimpse of the clock in our bed side table.

"Can it wait for at least three minutes? I just wanted to cuddle up to my husband who just gave me the most immense pleasure so far this month." Aria grinned like a cat who just finished a whole bowl of fresh, warm milk.

"Fine, three minutes then I'll give you your medicines."

"Deal."

Three minutes came by too fast and I had to stop cuddling with my wife as she basks in her post-coital glow to inject and make her drink her medicines.

"Baby, next time I won't tire you like this if I would've known you can't even orally drink your medicine." I slightly admonish her but she just grinned.

"Sorry, I'm too tired to orally drink my medicine but if you want to know, I'm pretty good with oral." Aria smirked and I just chuckled.

"Drink it, Aria Fitzgerald."

This is the wife I miss.

The woman I fell in love with.

Aria Montgomery, now Fitzgerald.

~

A/N: yep this is an update woohaa

and i hope i gave you just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil bit of heart attack when you thought aria was dead hehehe

no??? you didn't have one?? okay i should make it worse next time LOLJK

i guess writing helps me let off steam because i needed to run away from some responsibilities and basically just forget about school for a while. im a bit sad since i was running for a position in school but i lost soooo haha life's been too hectic lately that i just have to wind back and relax even just for a bit and i hope you don't forget to chill out at times too so that you won't let stress take over you!!

TWO MORE CHAPTERS PLUS EPILOGUE?????? OMG????????

and woooow almost 90k reads!!! un-freaking-believable

shameless promotion in 3, 2, 1...

it would be freaking great if you would read my other work, The Infamous Billionaire as this book is coming to a close and i can assure you that if you love reading this work, you would certainly love The Infamous Billionaire too! simply check my profile, click on the story and add it to your library and reading lists and various folders/libraries if you have one or more! i would greatly appreciate it if you do so! :) <3

thank you and see you soon, my pretty liars!!

Kat xo