Chapter 37

I gulped as I heard Aria's questioning voice with a hint of her feeling helpless and I absolutely hated that when she sounds like that. It makes me feel even more helpless since I can't help her get well soon.

"Aria, it's up to you if you want to do this. I won't have you do it if you don't want to but I agree with Dr. Smith that we should do it as soon as possible." I said and begging The Lord to help me convince her to get it.

"Then I'm gonna ask you again, my love, am I dying?" Aria rasped out and that was the last heart string and she untied the knot as I broke down in tears. Not very manly, I know.

"You're not yet dying but I'm so afraid." I said while I was trying to stop myself from crying

"Afraid of?"

"Afraid of losing my world, the love of my life. I'm so afraid of losing you." I explained even more and she just smiled at me sadly.

"You're not going to lose me because I'll always be with you." She tried to comfort me but it worsened.

"You'll always be with me but not physically. Aria, how will I ever cope with that?" I asked her again as her voice resonated again and again in my head.

"Am I dying, Ezra?"

"We'll get through this." Aria said and kissed my cheek.

"How?"

"I don't know but I can feel it. As they say, 'faith over fear' and right now, I'm entrusting everything to the divine because He knows what's best for me." Aria said and as bitter as I might sound, of course, God has control in everything and no one can alter that.

~

After a week of her release in the hospital after that scare, Aria started going to mild chemotherapy sessions and I can see that her health is improving somehow. It's as if the sickness didn't exist.

Her pale lips and cheeks now starting to get back their old, rosy tint and her eyes getting back the sparkle that could light up the whole United States after dark. I miss this.

And I know I'll miss her too.

"Look how big you are already, little Alex!" I hear Aria coo over our baby of 11 months.

"Hey honey, I'm home!" I announce my arrival and little Elicia and Alex started to babble some incoherent baby words when they saw me.

"Who's honey?" Aria playfully asked and I just let out a small chuckle. Oh dear, dear Aria.

"You're my honey because you make my life sweeter." I cheesily replied and she just laughed it off.

"You really tried so you deserve a kiss for that." Aria said and kissed me squarely on my lips.

"I've been waiting for that." I smiled. "What's for dinner?"

~

After five minutes has passed when Aria tried to make Alex eat his mashed carrot baby food, she sighed in frustration and just stared at Alex and then suddenly turned to me.

"Your son is almost a year old only and yet he's as hard-headed as his father! Can you try making him eat his food, please?" Aria asked and I chuckled a bit. She doesn't get upset very often so it's entertaining seeing my son annoying her.

"Look, Aria. Babies like tasty food and with the look of that thing in his plate, he won't eat that. Not in another lifetime." I scolded playfully and she just frowned in return.

"But this is healthy and it's good for him!"

"He doesn't know that, love. All he knows is that he doesn't like it and he will not eat it because he thinks it's not edible or palatable." I shrugged and she just stormed off, leaving me with my only son who's grinning at me toothlessly that says 'Thank you for making me not eat that horrible food'.