Chapter 9

Dedicated to @Aria_fitz! :)

~

(Ezra's POV)

After my talk with Mike, I'm always stressed and out of the world.

"Ezra, what's wrong?" Ella asked me and I gave her a weak smile.

"Nothing, Mrs. Montgo--"

"It's Ella, Ezra. And i'm obviously not gonna buy that reason. You've been spacing out for the past five minutes and this is the nth time I had to call you to get your attention. Seriously, what's wrong?" Ella admonished me and I sighed heavily.

"It's Mike." I stated simply and she frowned.

"What did he do this time?" Ella said, barely containing her anger.

"Oh no, not anything bad but..." I trailed on, unsure how to continue my sentence.

"But...?"

"He said something about dreaming about Aria and it was bad and Mike said his dreams are like, the psychotic ones and--"

"NO!" Ella screamed and I jumped out of my skin out of surprise.

"No, oh God no!" Ella said, burying her face in her hands.

"What is it, Ella?" I asked trying to comfort her by patting her back.

"I-It's true... M-Mike's dreams... it's really like that." Ella said and cried some more.

Shit.

So it is true.

The answers that answered my doubts.

Since I was out of the world, I didn't see where I was going and I bumped into someone.

"Shit, sorry!" I cursed and looked at the person to apologize but the person is already gone. Maybe they were in a hurry, too. I was suddenly pulled out of my trance as I felt my phone vibrate.

Caller ID: Emily Fields

Why would Emily be calling me? Doens't she have classes to attend to? Nevertheless, I answered the call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"E-E-Ezra... Aria, sh-she's--" Emily said in panic and she got my full attention as she mentioned Aria's name.

"What?" I asked in an unfathomable tone.

"She was rushed to Rosewood Hospital during classes and--"

I didn't let her finish.

"I'll be on my way." I said and hanged up.

(Aria's POV)

Ezra dropped me off to Rosewood High School but he parked first so he could remind me about things.

"Don't forget to--"

"Drink my medicines and a lot of water. Seriously, Ezy, I'll be fine! I'm 17, turning 18, I'll be able to take care of myself." I scoffed and he sighed.

"Just making sure, babe." Ezra said and kissed me. We ended up making out in the car instead of me going to my classes and him going to Hollis to teach. I reach for his tie to loosen it but he stopped me.

"Aria, I don't want to do this... yet. Not to mention we're in a car and in a very public place." Ezra said breathlessly.

"But--"