Chapter 43: Christmas chapter!

(Aria's POV)

Waking up with pain-engulfed body is so not a way to start a day. Not to mention it's Christmas Eve today! I groaned as I tried to sit up but failed miserably.

"Are you alright, dear?" Mary asked and I meekly shook my head. In return, she just solemnly smiled at me and helped me sit properly on my bed. She propped up about two pillows behind me so I could sit still and she got my pill from the medicine pouch and handed me a glass of water.

"You have to eat breakfast with the kids whom are waiting for you downstairs. Ezra left roughly thirty minutes ago to buy gifts." She explained and I simply nodded. A couple of minutes after drinking my medicine, I felt energized and was able to somehow lessen the pain my whole body was feeling so I was able to walk on my own but of course, Mary was still there to assist me.

"Good morning my little angels!" I greeted Alex and Elicia who are now eating their baby food.

"Did you cook their food or is that the one Ezra bought?" I asked Mary as I plopped down the chair, Mary following suit.

"I cooked those mashed potatoes. The ones Ezra bought ran out already." She said and we silently ate breakfast but Mary finished first as to help the babies eat. They're almost one year old now and can at least manage to hold their very light, plastic spoon, Mary helped them drink from their small glass.

"Can you buy gifts for the girls for me, please?" I asked over the phone with Ezra. It's been two hours since he left and I can feel the pain almost crawling back to my body.

"Sure. What do you want me to buy for them?" He asked and I didn't have to think about it.

"For Hanna, I think you should just buy her black flats from, uh, Tory Burch? Yeah. She loves Tory. As for Em, maybe grab her some goggles? She told me she lost her favorite one which she had for almost three years already. I'm really not sure what to get for Spencer but I was planning on buying a book for her. A philosophical book, perhaps?" I babbled and he laughed.

"I think Spencer would love that. Noted for all, my love." He acknowledged.

"I'll pay you when you get home!" I said and I can imagine him rolling his eyes.

"No worries. I'll be home before dinner. I love you, wife." Ezra said and before I can protest, he dropped the call.

That little...

~

Waking up in a jolt as I heard a scream coming from one of my twins, I looked around me and from the energy I exerted all so suddenly, pain shot at every fiber of my being as I howled with a nerve-wrecking shout.

"Jesus!" I gasped and that caused my twins to stop playing beside me.

I sheepishly smiled at them because I rudely interrupted them playing their little hearts out and when I observed them, it was Elicia who screamed because her doll fell. I tried to pick it up even if my body is protesting with pain everywhere but somehow and I miraculously picked it up from the floor.

With the unbearable pain in my body, I sobbed and hugged my children and that didn't stop them from playing. Even if it hurts hugging them, it's a pain worth feeling. If I had to walk through a blade going to hell and back, I'd do it for them without a preamble.

Alex was the first to notice me crying because my tear fell on his forehead and he looked up at me with his blue eyes that is a replica of his father's eyes and made a smooching face which made me laugh.

"Ma, kiss!" Alex barely said and I planted a kiss on his head and played with his hair. "Lub, Alex!" I said and he grinned, looking super adorable with his four-toothed grin.