Chapter 36

As if running away from the bitter reality of life, which I actually am partly doing, I ran faster than the wind to the nurses' station and saw Nurse Eli.

"My dear young boy, you're here again! Let me look up for her room." She remarked and I simply nodded.

"She's in East Wing, Room 505." Nurse Eli said and I replied a quick "Thank you." and sprinted to Aria's room.

"Thank God you're finally here." Ella said as I entered the room and I panted a bit since the elevators was not working. Luck and fate was definitely not on my side today.

It actually never was, anyway.

"Mr. Ezra Fitzgerald?" A doctor called my name and I raised my hand, too tired to answer.

"A quick word outside, please." He said and I complied. The tension in the room could be cut with a knife because we were all worried about her health condition. Last time we had a check up, she was doing okay, her health was finally improving a bit and now this happens.

"How is she, doc?" I asked nervously and I was having a hard time breathing already. Damn it!

"We called for Dr. Smith immediately since he's the doctor on-call because this is his area of expertise and he's also the doctor that you and your wife has been seeing. I have a good news and a not-so bad news. Which one do you prefer to hear first?" The doctor asked me.

"Not-so bad news." I said and braced myself as so not to panic.

"Dr. Smith checked her condition an hour ago and said he would increase the dosages of her medicines just as a precaution and he suggested bed rest for a week because the reason of her collapse is her blood pressure spiking. She's been stressing herself lately. For the good news, we'll only keep her until tomorrow and she can go home." The kind doctor said and I nodded my thanks. "Since he's in his room, you can go there because he called for you. He was too busy to brief you on Ms. Aria's condition but he wasn't too busy to check up on her."

"Thank you..." I trailed on, beckoning the doctor to introduce himself.

"Oh, where are my manners! I'm Dr. Alphonse Burke." Dr. Burke said and smiled.

~

"I've been waiting for you! Have a seat, please." Dr. Smith said and I hastily took a seat. After almost half an hour looking for his room, I found it on the West Wing of the hospital.

"How is Aria doing?" He asked while pouring a coffee in a cup for me.

"Please just tell me what you have to say, Dr. Smith." I said exasperatedly and he sighed.

He sat down in front of me and looked at me straight in the eyes which scared the living daylights out of me.

"I need you to be open-minded about this and not to panic, okay?" He requested and I just nodded.

"I need to hear your response, Ezra. I repeat, I need you to be open-minded about this and not to panic, okay?"

"Yes, Dr. Patrick."

"When I checked Aria's statistics, I noticed that she's not improving in any way so I'm increasing the dosage of her prescribed medicines. Also, this is just a suggestion, nothing required. I'm suggesting she undergoes chemotherapy as early as now." Dr. Smith said while I was drinking my coffee and I spat it all over the place.

"Are you okay?" Dr. Smith asked in concern.

"Chemotherapy?" I rasped out, still not believing what he just said.

"Again, it's not a requirement but it's something that would improve and lengthen Aria's life span." He elaborated and I mulled over it for a second until I realized I received too many informations for today and I can't receive anymore because I know it would ruin me. Ruin me more.

"Thank you for the suggestion. I think I need a moment to myself." I excused myself and walked out of the building towards the garden located on the ground floor of the hospital.

I knew that Aria was gonna die. Everyone does. I just didn't expect her to die this early. Again, I shook my head, rejecting the thought away and slapped my forehead.

Silly me, thinking of the worst scenario. I know she will survive this.

She has to.

I sat down by the fountain just to have a moment of peace to myself until a kid approached me.

And handed me a pack of Skittles and a fortune cookie.

"Hello, bud! What's this for?" I asked the little boy in front of me and he just grinned at me.

"My momma buy me Skittles when I sad and I see you sad so I give you Skittles to be happy!" The kid explained and grinned again.

I almost cried at the kid. Kids are really innocent and I envy them for it since they still don't understand the negative side of the world. I stood up to lift the kid but he suddenly hugged my legs.

"Momma also said hugs cure sadness so I hope I cure yours!" The kid said and ran after he gave me the things I needed that time. I got the paper inside the fortune cookie and smiled to myself. That kid is my hero.

Everyone has their own happy ending. If you're not happy, it's not yet the end.

Song of the chapter: 505- Arctic Monkeys

~

A/N: zomgzomgzomgzomg

WE REACHED 31.3K++++ READS AND YOU GUYS DESERVE AN UPDATE!!!!! wow I'm crying ahaha im so emotional aw u guys

tHANK YOU ALL SO MUCH AND WOW HERE'S A VIRTUAL HUG *hugs you* (yes you, you lovely reader!)

and I apologize in advance because I'll be having my exams a week from now so I'll be stu(DYING) and that means I won't be able to update for a while! :( I promise to make it up to you all by uploading another chapter after my exams! :D (September 6, 2014, Saturday) so yeah :)

wish me luck!!! ehehe

And again, thank you for reading, voting, and leaving comments because I really appreciate it! :)

Cheers to more there is to come!

Kat xo