Chapter 2

The bell rang, signaling our dismissal. I ran as fast as I can to the parking lot to see Ezra’s car waiting for me. It’s Friday and I get to sleep in his small apartment. Don’t get me wrong, I like his apartment. It’s where I can think straight and just being there with Ezra is perfect. And yes, my parents allow me to sleep in his apartment. I don’t know why though, maybe it’s because they’re starting to trust him?

“You didn’t have to rush, really. I just arrived.” Ezra said and kissed my cheek.

“I wanted to see you earlier and as soon as possible.” I said and since I wasn’t contented with him kissing me on the cheek, I kissed him on the lips before he drove.

***

We were inside his apartment when I plopped down to his couch which made a creaking sound. I giggle.

“What’s so funny, hmm?” I heard Ezra ask while he’s preparing our Chinese take-out in the kitchen.

“Your apartment is really old-looking. Look, you have a typewriter, you have an old telephone, your piano is really ancient…”

“It’s called vintage!” Ezra whines and I giggle some more.

“Whatever.” I said and stood up because I want to explore his small apartment. No matter how many times I’ve visited this place, it’s as if I never went here since when I’m here, we just eat Chinese take-out, watch movies and sleep. I suddenly noticed a case behind the piano.

“Wow, is this a guitar?” I asked and Ezra dropped his fork.

“Y-yeah.” He replied and then arrived with our food in his living room. We sat down in the carpet and I got the guitar.

“Can you play the guitar?” I asked him.

“Nope.” He said and popped the ‘p’.

“How about the piano?”

“Nope.”

“Can you sing?”

“No, Aria.” Ezra chuckled and I frown. My Ezra could definitely do all those.

***

After eating our rather enjoyable Chinese take-out, we were a heap of mess in the couch while watching Les Miserables. Since it’s a musical, I remembered that I was supposed to bug him about him being a musically-inclined person.

“Fitz, I know you can do all those things I asked you a while ago.” I murmur and he sighs.

“Yes I can, Montgomery.” He said but in other words, I think he was trying to say, ‘Yeah, okay fine whatever you say’.

I break away from his arms and looked at him with awe. I knew it! Ha! “Can you play for me, please?” I begged with my cutest puppy eyes.

He shook his head and laughed. “Aria, I could never resist those cute little, fresh pair of eyes you have but too bad I would say ‘no’ to you now. I don’t know where I could get the will power to say ‘no’ to you though.”

I pout.

“Aria, I’ll play and sing something for you someday but that day is not today, okay?” Ezra told me and kissed my forehead.

Since I can’t do anything about it, I let it go. At least he’s gonna play and sing for me someday… and I’ll wait for him to do just that.