Chapter 4

((Ezra’s POV))

I kept on calling Aria’s phone but I always get the voice mail… which is now full of my voice messages. Goddamn it, I need and want to explain everything to her!

My phone vibrated endlessly.

I automatically crossed my fingers that it was Aria who was calling or sending me a message and to my disappointment, it wasn’t her. Instead, it was her four best friends.

Emily Fields: Hello Ezra, have you seen Aria around?

Hanna Marin: Is Aria with you, A?

Spencer Hastings: Good afternoon, Mr. Fitz. Is Aria with you? Her parents have called Han, Em and I but we haven’t seen her since yesterday at school… Please reply soon, we’re all worried.

I scowled as I read Hanna’s text. Out of the bunch, she’s one of the annoying and demanding one. I only replied to Emily and Spencer.

To: Emily Fields: She left me hours ago. –Ezra.

To: Spencer Hastings: She was with me but she left. I’ll inform you if I see her. –Ezra.

 I started to wonder where Aria is. Oh my fresh pair of eyes, where are you?

***

It’s been three hours and it’s already ten minutes past seven in the evening and I haven’t heard of Aria and I hate how my imagination and my hunch is taking me. I’ve been watching the clock tick ever since I started calling Aria and now… God. I was pacing around my living room, my hands running through my now disheveled    brown hair. I think I’ve never been this nervous in my whole life.

Beep. Beep.

I jumped for my phone as it vibrated in the wooden table but before I answered, I saw the caller ID.

Ella Montgomery.

I gulped and took several heavy breaths before I got the strength to croak out a “Hello?”

I hear her sobbing and that already told me what she was about to say.

“A-Aria got into a car accident and she’s in the hospital right now. I think you should go here right now, Ezra.”

Ella lost me at ‘car accident’. Before I knew it, she ended the call.

My heart and lungs stopped functioning.