Chapter 28

Today is Aria's monthly check up with Dr. Patrick Smith and we're worried as hell, most especially me.

Will Aria be able to carry to term?

Will Aria last her maximum two years?

My palms started to sweat and get clammy when I'm nervous and I hate feeling like this, so powerless.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." Aria said and hugged my arm. Going to the hospital is so nostalgic because we go here during check ups for the pregnancy and check ups tracking Aria's health.

"How'd you know?" I challenged her. I can't help but be bitter about the situation. As I said beforehand, she wasn't the one who'll lose something, it is I who will lose my everything because she is my everything.

"I just do. You know what's the advantage of being small?" She asked.

"What?"

"We tend to look up because we want to see things in a better perspective. I'm small so I look up and that makes me a positive thinker. When there is something bad, I always think first of a good side of the bad because life is like a yin yang, it's balanced. Where there is good, there is an element of evil. When there is evil, there is an element of something good so you see now why I'm always positive?" Aria explained and I was at loss for words. I never thought like that.

"I'm sorry, my love. I was blinded by my negativity because all I ever knew in life was losing the people I love." I explained. "I lost my dad, then my mom and my only brother. I won't be able to accept the fact that I might lose you and two of our babies because they're still inside their mommy's womb. I'll never be the same man ever again if I lose you, Aria." I said and kissed her cheek as I heard our name got called.

We silently walked to the room with our hands clasped together, both praying for good results.

"Good afternoon, Ezra and Aria." Dr. Patrick greeted us. We had him call us by our first names because it was a bit awkward being called 'Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald' every single time. "My, look how healthy you are!" He exclaimed.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"Like a house." Aria grumpily replied and I had to laugh at that because she's always complaining about that. Aria threw me a dirty look and burned holes through my head with her eyes. Scary.

"No, I mean your health, Aria." Dr. Patrick said, stifling his laugh because he might get the death glare from my wife like the one she gave me that he probably saw.

"I feel better actually." Aria said and the good doctor nodded and wrote down the report.

"Okay, let's get you checked." He said and Aria lied down on the bed as Dr. Patrick got blood samples from her. "I'll be back in two minutes to get the results. Please wait here."

Two long minutes after, Dr. Patrick entered the room with the results.

"You probably won't understand that so I'll just explain everything. How many months are you pregnant already?"

"Six." Aria replied.

"Stem cells re-generate cells so since you are pregnant, the embryos released an embryonic stem cells." Dr. Patrick said. Internally, I was like, "What in the world is that?"

"Stem cells are new cells that are like white blood cells. They fight bacterial and serve as your immune system. Having the babies, it improved your health because they released stem cells early stage during the pregnancy." The doctor explained which cleared up some questions in my mind.

"Will they be releasing it until I give birth?" Aria asked.

"Unfortunately, no. Embryonic stem cells or ES cells are only released by the baby during early stages of pregnancy so that was during your two-three months. I have been in contact with your ob-gyne, Dr. Tan and told me that you had a spotting. I think that because your babies had released ES cells, the zygotes planted themselves too deep in your uterus, causing a spotting but that's good news. Other than that, I have nothing to tell you but the goods." The doctor said and smiled.

"So what is the effect of the ES cells?" I asked because he really haven't explained it further.

"Meaning, it gave a longer time for Aria to live. Maximum of three months added." Dr. Patrick said and I looked at Aria and saw her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"T-that's a really good news. Thank you, Patrick." I said and hugged Aria.

"Pleasure to see you both. See you next appointment." He said and shook our hands.

"Oh by the way, Dr. Patrick, we want you to be one of the godfathers of the babies." Aria said and he grinned.

"It will be an honor to be one, thank you, Aria, thank you, Ezra." He said as we walked off to the cashier and payed.

- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -

"Hey, about this morning-"

"Don't worry, I understand." Aria stopped me even before I finished my sentence. "I think we're both scared of everything. Heck, I think everyone is scared."

She couldn't be more right about that.

Her parents and her brother, the girls, Caleb, Toby and even my mother and brother are living in constant worry about my wife.

"Just know that no matter what happens, I love you, okay?" I said and kissed her temple while she picked a movie. Pearl Harbor?

"I love you too, Ezra." Aria said while chewing on her strawberry ice cream and pickles.

"Babe, why'd you pick that movie? It's three hours long and very gory for my liking because you're pregnant. Can you even last three hours without sleeping?" I teased and she groaned.

"Because it's a really cool action movie! And besides, it's historic and you know that I'm a sucker for history." Aria said and continued watching.

We were halfway past the movie and it looks like our life. A war that a guy would fight and he would 'die' and the girl thought he is really dead so he goes after the best buddy of the guy she loved but in our case, Aria is the one fighting the battle against her sickness and I'm the one who will fall for somebody new.

"Ezy?" Aria called out. She dropped the pet name 'Ezy boo bear' because she finally thought it was silly. I gotta admit though, I kind of missed it.

"Hmm?"

"When I die, will you love and marry someone again?"

Heaven, no! I shouted internally.

"Never. If you die, by all means, you're taking my whole heart with you." I said matter-of-factly. "You ruined me for other women, Aria. I'll never look at another woman the same way I looked at you. With adoration, with trust, with respect, with lust, and with never-ending love. I love you, baby."

"I love you too, Ezy."

I could tell her how much I love her but it will never be enough and I'll never get tired of saying it. Time is limited but love is endless.

Aria fell asleep and I stopped the movie. I carried her to our bedroom and I turned off the light and snuggled closer to Aria.

"Sorry for not making love with you tonight, Ezy." Aria said in a very tired tone and I just chuckle.

"Better make it up for me tomorrow morning then." I smirked and I saw that she was smirking too when the moonlight hit her face as she basked in it.

"Oh, I will."

~

A/N: it's Friday the 13th and it's the last Friday before school will start for me! :( updates will vary but I will try to update every week and that's a promise!

Philippines' Independence Day was yesterday so Happy Independence Day, fellow Filipinos! (idk the Filipino of that, sorry) hehe

Oh and fun fact! The bombing of Pearl Harbor happened on December 7, 1941 and 57 years later, on the same day of the year 1998, I was born! hehe

For TFIOS fans out there, check out my fanfic I just started and finished today! :) its name is "The Fault In Our Fate" and send love to it! But of course don't forget about my other book, "The Infamous Billionaire"! (if u don't read, add it to ur library, vote and leave a comment ill kick ur pretty butts) ---> one thing you should also know is that I have two ways how I type. The formal one and the silly one lyk dis bc i personally think it's funny hahehaheha anyways...

Vote, comment, fan and share!

Love yas, pretty liars!

Kat xo