Part Thirty Five - Kiss Me Under The Light of A Thousand Stars

Noah

It was odd waking up for the first time in about a month where I didn't have this sort of pressure bearing down on me -- the unspeakable kind related to having to come out to my first person. But I'd woken up next to the guy who is just so irresistibly cute, after spending most of the night in each other's arms. It might just be because it's the wedding today, and that love is in the air after the huge milestone in mine and Robbie's relationship, but honestly I feel unstoppable.

Robbie's limbs are sprawled all over the bed this morning, and I have no idea how he's sleeping in that sort of position. I never wear a shirt to bed, but Robbie's wearing a simple grey t-shirt. I managed to convince him to take a break from wearing his binder last night as I read up on the damage long term wearing them can do, and I care about him. I'm hoping he'll eventually realise that I'm gonna love him no matter what he looks like.

I check the time on my phone, and see that it's only just gone eight. I doubt anyone will be awake this early after the late night, but who knows. Robbie's parents are early risers so I wouldn't be surprised to see them. I slip out from the covers and quietly open the door so as not to wake Robbie up, grabbing my towel as I duck out into the bathroom.

Stephen had told us the plan for the wedding last night down at the bar, and we'd be taking coaches from the town square up to the venue which is an old castle in the hills. He'd shown me some of the pictures of it from the venue's website, and it looks like the perfect place to host a wedding. The coaches don't leave till around three in the afternoon, so we've got a bit of time to relax and get ready if we want to this morning. I'm very glad that we aren't anywhere near Robbie's cousin or her groom, cause I bet they would've been up since the crack of dawn getting ready and just generally being stressed out.

I get showered relatively quickly by my own standards, and attempt to sneak quietly back into my room, but there's no need as Robbie's awake and on his phone when I get back inside. He looks at me in just my pyjama shorts and damp hair, and looks away, blushing. I roll my eyes, stepping over to my suitcase and I start picking out a relatively relaxed outfit for the time we're gonna get chilling around the villa this morning. It's already scorching hot today, and I don't want to feel more uncomfortable than necessary in the heat. Robbie's looked back to me as I start getting changed.

'Morning.'

'Morning, sugar cakes.'

'Okay I regret saying good morning to you now please don't ever call me that again.'

I laugh again, and finish putting my shirt on to lean over the bed to give Robbie a little kiss on the cheek.

'There. Does that make up for it?'

He frowns, but I can tell he's struggling to hide his smile.

'Maybe.'

I flip him off and sit on my side of the bed, trying to locate my sliders.

'So Dad just sent me a text. Him and mum are already awake and want to go into the square to get some fresh pastries and stuff for breakfast, if you want to come with?'

'Pastries and a walk into a scenic Greek square? God, are we really gaying it up that much?' I joke, and Robbie rolls his eyes in response, turning his attention to the phone in his hand.

'I'll tell them we're coming.'

'Better get ready quick then, mister big musician.'

Robbie rolls his eyes again at my taunt, flinging the covers off of himself and getting out of bed. He grabs his towel and goes for the door, but pauses just as he's about to leave, turning and dashing back towards me and enveloping me in a hug. We stay like that for a while, our breathing slowing and becoming the same as each others, before he slips out of my arms and out of the bedroom. I was joking about the whole 'gaying it up' thing, but it is a genuinely nice way to start the day. We might be able to even hold hands on the walk down now that we're out to his parents, even if we can't in the town square, but that alright. And there'll be no sign of Amanda and her husband, so that's an even bigger bonus.