Part Sixteen

Noah

I was ready to call Robbie a good twenty minutes before the time we agreed on - but for some reason I'm nervous and I don't want to call him early. That'll probably just creep him out more than I think I already have.

I don't know why I'm nervous. I'm just calling a good friend. A friend who I made twenty four hours ago, who I know I want to let into my life a great deal more than some friends I've known since I was a little kid.

I'm wearing the pair of blue-light glasses I had to buy after I started spending too much time on my phone late at night, and no shirt as is my standard 'I'm in bed' outfit. I still don't know if I should ask Robbie about his arm. Maybe it'll just come up in conversation?

I really want to make sure that he's alright, and talk through stuff like this with him. I feel like I could pour my heart out to him, and I hope he could do the same to me. I'm aimlessly opening and closing apps as I wait for the time to arrive.

Maybe I should just text him and ask if he's free to call now? This is kinda scaring me with how nervous I am, and how much I'm overthinking everything. Fuck it. I type out a message and hit send before I can change my mind.

Noah: hey dude, I can call now if you're not busy with your rock and roll lifestyle 😉

Robbie: I'm super busy with all the hookers and snorting coke rn buuut I guess I could make time to call 🤷‍♂️😂

I can't help but grin. I like how he's somewhat self aware of himself and the industry he's in. I hit the facetime call button and then I'm waiting nervously on the black screen as it rings. I'm not left waiting for long, as Robbie answers after it rings the second time.

His face appears on the screen, illuminated in the darkness of his room much like my own, and we both break into smiles.

'Where are the hookers?'

Robbie laughs and I do too, knowing it was a terrible joke but it got a laugh out of him and that's what matters.

'Gone unfortunately. I am however in the company of a wonderful friend of mine, called my crippling loneliness.'

Robbie turns his camera around to show off his darkened and empty hotel room and we share a quieter laugh than the one we just had. His camera switches back round to his face.

'I like the glasses, I guess you saw a cool musician or something who had glasses and you just had to get yourself a pair.'

'Shut up. This was totally because of my dependancy on using my phone at night, although it doesn't make me look as cool as a certain someone with glasses.'

Robbie grins and rolls over onto his side, his glasses pressing up against the side of his head and I watch him adjust them into a more comfortable position. He's wearing a long sleeve pajama top, which is definitely going to be irritating in the heat tonight.

'How's life as a top tier actor?'

It's my turn to grin at what he's said. I don't normally like talking about Stranger Things or acting when I'm on my days off cause that's what my world seems to revolve around. But I think I can make an exception for Robbie, seeing as I've bombarded him with questions about being a musician.

'Well there's not too much at the moment. We're really close to finishing shooting, it's at that annoying point where we're doing reshoots for scenes which didn't turn out right first time round. So it's like going through everything we've already done with a fine tooth comb. It's super tiring but I know it'll be worth it.'

Robbie grins, resting his head against his arm.

'Any exclusive insider news about the new season?'

'If I told you, I'd have to kill you before Netflix did it themselves.'