Part Thirteen

Noah

Millie and I had been in the car for nearly an hour, and I could tell from the familiar sights that we were getting closer to Atlanta. I'm somehow just as excited as I was before the gig last night, and I can't stop smiling. The sun's out today as well with a clear blue sky, which is perfect for whatever Millie's got planned for us.

I'm wearing a grey baseball cap and got a plain white t-shirt on and some black shorts, coupled with the same white designer trainers I wore last night. I don't want to stick out again in public and I need something comfortable to wear today if it's going to be as hot as the weather forecast said it would be.

Our managers had given us a couple hours to spend in Atlanta before they wanted us back at the places we were staying at. Although this time with Robbie was gonna be brief, I knew it was going to be great. I zone back into reality, and I notice we're now going through the city centre. We're almost there, and all of a sudden we're in front of the hotel Robbie's staying at.

Millie and I share a look before she opens her door and we step out into the street. Luckily there's not many people around, and those that are here are less than interested in trying to spot some celebrities. We walk through the doors into the reception and I'm wondering if we're going to have to awkwardly wait for a bit but I spot Robbie already standing in the lobby.

We start walking over to him and my stomach flips as I notice his face lighting up with a bright smile as he spots us. He closes the distance between us, and Millie is the first to wrap him in a hug, and I stand sheepishly next to her, waiting for it to finish. Millie releases Robbie, and his attention is onto me straight away. I pull him into a hug, and it's unbelievably better than the ones he gave last night. He pulls out, reddening a little already.

'Hi.'

'Heya.'

His hand has reached the back of his head and he's scratching awkwardly. He's wearing a white long sleeve top underneath a black t-shirt with the word 'Hoax' printed in small print where a chest pocket would normally go, and the same black jeans and vans he wore last night.

Not exactly the best thing to wear in the heat today, but I know after seeing his arm last night why he'd dress up like this. I feel terrible that he can't wear a t-shirt normally and instead has to suffer in the heat. I shouldn't ask him about this seeing as we barely know each other, but I also really want to make sure he's alright and won't do something like what he did to his arms again.

'You ready for the best couple hours of your life?' Millie teases, digging Robbie in the arm gently.

'I mean, any amount of time is gonna be the best of my life when I'm with you guys.'

Robbie's already blushing as he realises what he's just said, and he goes back to picking at the sleeve of his top. I rush to reassure him.

'We'll see after you've spent ten minutes with Millie.'

Millie punches me in the arm, making Robbie grin.

'You'd better be nice to your tour guide for today, or I'll deliberately take you off to a secluded spot and murder you.'

I grin cheekily at Millie, who brushes it off and turns, heading for the doors.

'Come on! We haven't got much time and I wanna get a good spot.'

Robbie and I are left struggling to catch up to her, and he grins at me.

'I'd much rather have her leading us around than you. No offense.'

I react with mock indignation, making him laugh again, although I know he's right. I would've had no idea what to do or how to organise where to go. We follow Millie out onto the street, and the sun has started to properly bathe the pavement in a steadily rising heat.