Part Ten

Robbie

I come through the doorway back into the waiting room, and I'm suddenly on the receiving end of a hearty slap to my back, courtesy of Cade. They're grinning as wide as I am, and envelop me in a hug.

'You fucking killed it out there Robbie!'

I hug them back, despite my sweatiness. They release me from the hug, as Quinn appears behind me, also similarly drenched in sweat from running around the stage during the performance. We both hug too, and he looks straight into my eyes as we pull out of it.

'That was definitely your best ever gig. I hope I got the photos to do it justice!'

I beam at him, still breathless and running on adrenaline. Cade's arms are around both of us as they steers us back towards the sofas.

'Robbie, not only was that your biggest show, but you're now starting to pick up in popularity.'

I look at them confused.

'What do you mean?'

'Check Instagram.'

I pull my phone out from my pocket and wait as it connects to the internet - suddenly my phone erupts with notification after notification on Instagram, and a wave of messages on other apps from people I barely knew from back home, asking how I know Millie or Noah. I'm kinda overwhelmed as I watch them all rack up. I look at Cade, eyebrows raised.

'Did you have something to do with this?'

'Nope. But Millie Bobby Brown and Noah Schnapp did.'

My jaw drops as I see the top notifications come through from Instagram.

[Instagram] MillieBobbyBrown tagged you in their story

[Instagram] NoahSchnapp tagged you in their story

Noah had come with Millie?! That's insane. I tap on the notifications and am brought straight to Millie's story. There's a couple of posts of the front of the Tabernacle, and her and Noah's hands holding the tickets in their seats. Next is a selfie of her and Noah in the seats looking down at the stage. I love the dark blue hoodie Noah is wearing, and I'm drawn to his smile and his bright eyes.

I stare long enough for the story to then skip to the next part, and it's a video from the set. I can already hear that it's about mid-way through 'Photograph' and I can hear Millie cheering out with the crowd. There's the caption 'Think he's enjoying his request'. The camera suddenly flicks to the left to reveal Noah in his seat - and my breathlessness returns. He's crying, and looks right at the camera with his tear stained eyes. My heart goes out to him, and then my mind registers it. Noah was crying during the song, just like I was.

I stare in awe at the video, until it cuts to the last part of her story. It's from literally a few minutes ago, where I'm standing breathless after finishing my final song, taking the applause and cheers. The caption 'robbie you were amazing tonight!' is emblazoned across it, with my account tagged.

Noah's story starts to load up before I can close Instagram, and it's just a single video. It's me hitting the falsetto during 'Photograph', and I can faintly hear Noah screaming out along with it, his voice breaking. The camera flips round to a selfie view, and I can see Noah's tear stained face. 'This man is so talented' is the caption he's put across the screen, and my heart soars. I've never felt like this towards someone I've never met, especially a god-damn celebrity.

I close the story and look up from my phone to look at the team of people responsible for getting me here and supporting me with my dream. I'm close to tears again, and find my arms opening towards them. Cade, Quinn, Connor, and even some of the tech crew come in for a large group hug.

'Thank you guys so so much for everything. I wouldn't have been here tonight without all of you.'

A collective 'Awww' comes from the group huddle, and I hear a shutter snapping as Quinn slips out of it to get another intimate photo. We all pull out of the huddle, and one of the members of staff from the Tabernacle has produced some glasses of Champagne. I'm only sixteen, but hey this is a reason to celebrate. Everyone has a glass in hand and we share a collective 'Cheers!' before everyone starts continuing with their work whilst sipping from their glasses.

I collapse on the sofa, opting for a bottle of water over the champagne. I'm acutely aware of Quinn standing nearby, snapping some pictures of the crew and staff celebrating, and probably taking a few of my sweaty and exhausted but happy body on the sofa. I shut my eyes, and I can still hear the roar from the crowd echoing over and over in my head. I'm feeling so amazing, compared to the incredible low I was at last night.

I hear some steps going towards the door that leads from the performers entrance at the atrium, and the door opens. Quinn's stopped taking pictures, and people are still chatting despite the new arrivals. I hear Cade's voice.

'Yeah, he's over on the sofas'

I open my eyes warily, now knowing that someone is here to see me. I swing my legs off the sofa, stand up and I freeze. I'm face to face with the beaming faces of Millie and Noah. Crap.