Part Seventeen

*Two Weeks Later*

Robbie

I sometimes forget how much I used to hate flying. I could deal with the queues, and the annoying people who were more focused on their flight information on the boards in front of them than actual people. Hell, I could even deal with the constant scowls from Businessmen at the slightest inconvenience.

It was the actual flying I used to hate. The sensation of feeling the ground lift away beneath you to be replaced with nothing but air between you and the ground twenty thousand feet away was one I tried not to think about too much.

But throw in flying back and forth all across Europe and now the US for tour, I've finally got used to flying. I actually enjoy the sensation of taking off now, which is another item along with the whole musical career on the list of things I thought would never happen.

I wish I could say the same thing for Quinn. He's not as bad as he was when he was a kid, but he still gets nervous. I'll sit next to him for the flight to New York, mainly cause I know how to calm him down and I don't think Cade wants to deal with him themselves.

All three of us are sitting in one of those off-brand airline coffee shops and just kind of... existing. Cade leaves us to go get their third double espresso, and Quinn and I share a worried look. I'm actually glad I'm sat next to him on the plane now.

Connor, the tech crew and all our equipment are travelling by road to New York, and they left a good day before us to get a head start. It makes sense, there's a much lower chance of my only guitars getting broken by baggage handlers when they're being moved by a team who know what they're doing.

Quinn's hyper fixated on his phone, trying to edit pictures for his Instagram from my final gig in Atlanta I played last night. I can see his hands shaking a little bit, and I nudge him.

'You gonna be alright?'

He looks up from his phone, giving me a weak smile.

'I'll be alright once we're up in the air. I hate the waiting part.'

'I think that makes two of you.'

He follows my gaze over to Cade, whose returning with two double espressos. Their heart rate can't be anything under hyper active at this point, but I'm not gonna say anything. As Cade rejoins us, my phone buzzes in my pocket.

Since I played the Tabernacle two weeks ago, everything's gone a bit mental. We announced last week that I was playing Madison Square Garden, and the last of the tickets sold out a few days after. The tags from Millie and Noah has helped as well, I'm now nearing three hundred and fifty thousand followers on Instagram - everyday I'm still getting the odd message from fans, some saying they enjoyed my last gig, but most are asking about Noah or Millie.

I pull my phone out, expecting it to be one of these messages. I haven't heard from Noah for a little over a week, when I text him just to check in. He'd sent over some pictures from the last day of season three's shoot, and it made my heart soar a little seeing how happy he was with his friends and cast mates. He's probably back home, and I knew that in a few hours I would unbelievably be with him again.

The notification is a text from Noah. I open it immediately, a smile starting to form across my face.

Noah, 'Best Friend and Froyo God': because of you staying over, mom forced me to help make the bed in the spare bedroom. I hope you're happy with the pain you've already caused me this morning 😭

I grin as I type out my response.

Robbie: i stg, if there's one lump in my sheets imma leave a one star review on trip advisor 😤😤 (fr tho, thanks so much for this. I can't wait!)