Part Eight

Noah

I'm patiently waiting for any sign of movement, but it looks like even the crew on stage have stopped coming and going. Maybe that means we're close to Robbie coming onstage. I suddenly become aware of the general room lighting starting to fade out, and some excited fans start screaming immediately.

My attention shoots to the side of the stage where the opening act came on and left from -- where Robbie's going to be coming from in a matter of moments. The stage is now bathed in some dark blue light strewn down from the coloured stage lights above. The spotlight suddenly beams on from my right, and illuminates the side of the stage I'm focusing on.

Millie and I join in as the shouting and cheering starts to pick up, and then the room erupts as Robbie comes jogging up the steps from the side of the stage, guitar already on, striding his way over to the microphone in the centre of the stage. He's wearing all black and a long sleeve chequered vans top and I'll admit it suits him. Some screens at the back of the stage flicker on, and we get a nice close up of his face with a large smile plastered across it as he looks out at us. He picks up a cable that was left hanging on the main mic, and plugs it into his guitar. I notice the name 'Noah' written on it and my heart soars -- I was not expecting that.

Robbie

Holy crap. That roar from the crowd as I'm walking on completely catches me by surprise and I can't help but smile as I make my way over to the centre of the stage. Plugging my guitar in, I look out at the sea of faces and phones already being held aloft and I take a deep breath.

I strum out four chords slowly, letting them ring through the sound system, just absolutely making sure everything is fine. It sounds incredible and I let the last chord ring out, before taking a breath and stepping up to my mic.

The crowd cheers as they recognise the opening line to the song and I can already hear them singing the lyrics out. Jesus, I've never experienced something like this before, and these people actually know my songs. There's no tension in my body as my fingers move freely across the fret board to make the shapes of each chord I'm playing. I feel like electricity is flowing through me, and I'm loving it.

Noah

Millie and I cheer out with the crowd as Robbie sings the opening line and I'm shaking already. The sound quality in here is phenomenal and I'm watching Robbie as he sways a little bit in time with the song he's playing. He builds up to the chorus and strums out the last chord of the pre chorus extra loudly, bouncing a little on the balls of his feet.

'SING IT OUT!' He yells, right as the entire room joins him in singing the chorus. The amount of energy he's exploded onto the stage with is incredible, and I think I'm going to lose my voice already and it's just the opening song.

Robbie finishes the chorus and his attention drops to the pedal at his feet, He loops a simple riff, steps back with a huge smile still on his face, before raising his guitar up as he starts beating out a fast beat on it. People start cheering even more when they see what he's doing.

The crowd starts clapping in time with the beat, and I'm already clapping along without even noticing. He presses a few more buttons on the pedal, stopping the loop briefly, before pressing play again and launching into the second verse.

He blasts his way through the second verse and chorus; the crowd still cheering, clapping, making any noise really, and I'm still trying to get over how much energy and excitement is shooting through the air right now. As he finishes the second chorus, I see his feet moving quickly on the pedal, stopping and deleting the loop from before.