Part Eighteen

Noah

'MOOM! Robbie's here!'

My voice echoes around the entrance to the house, which Mom normally tells me off for doing, but this time I have an excuse. I close the door behind us both, and Robbie grabs his suitcase which I left near the door. I guess he wants something to do with his hands. He's super nervous, and I hope he'll end up feeling comfortable here.

It's kinda adorable seeing how his nerves are now starting to mix with growing excitement. His eyes are wide open in awe as he looks around the entrance to the house, which is probably the largest he's seen in a while. I've said it before, but I love seeing how starstruck he gets whenever I show or do something with him from my life which is normal for me, but not for him.

'Yo, it's the music sensation himself!'

Chloe's appeared at the top of the stairs, and is bounding down them with a bright smile on her face. I can tell she's gonna try say something to embarrass me already. She wraps Robbie in a hug, which he takes a moment to recover from and reciprocate, and as they pull out of the hug he shoots me a look, which I return with a grin, hopefully putting him more at ease.

'It's nice to meet the guy who my brother can't stop talking about!'

Robbie goes red immediately, and I can feel the back of my neck starting to burn too. We share a look again, and I shrug.

'Of course I had to tell Chloe about how amazing you were. They all wanted to know.'

He shares a small, shy grin with me, before focusing intently on the ground at his feet.

'It's uh.. nice to meet you.' He manages to gasp out, and I feel like punching myself. I don't want him to feel this awkward throughout his entire stay.

Chloe digs him gently on the arm, and I see the nerves slowly starting to fade away from his face.

'I listened to your stuff on Spotify. It's really cool, and it's even cooler that you're staying over. Sorry if I scared you a little bit. I take too much after Noah.'

I flip her off, and she sticks her tongue out at me in response. Robbie continues to blush, but smiles earnestly at Chloe.

'Thanks for saying that. I still can't believe you're letting me stay with you so again thanks so much.'

'It's absolutely no problem at all.'

My Dad and Mom have appeared in the hallway too, and I can see Robbie's a little taken aback, but he recovers quickly, extending his hand towards my dad.

'Thanks so much for having me Mr. Schnapp --'

My dad's pulled Robbie into a brief hug and I laugh at the shock written across his face after the hug ends.

'Just call me Mitchell, Robbie. It's nice to meet you.'

'It's lovely to meet you and have you over.' My mom's chipped in, and she and Robbie share a hug too. As Robbie pulls away from the hug, I can see that the initial shock has passed and he's seemingly a lot more calm now.

'How was your flight?'

Mom's engaged mother mode, and this is a good sign if she's already acting like this towards Robbie. It means she likes him.

'Yeah, it was... actually really boring for once.'

'I'm sure you'll want to get unpacked and settled in, so why doesn't Noah show you the room where you're going to be sleeping?'

I nod, and snatch Robbie's suitcase out of his hands. There's no way I'm gonna let him carry it up the stairs.

As we start heading up the stairs, my dad calls up after us.