Part Twenty Five

Noah

I think Robbie and I might've had a bit too much champagne. Cade is definitely the hardest drinker out of everyone at the surprise party, and they kept our glasses topped up for the duration of the short celebration. I mean, we're both teenagers who haven't had more than one small drink with dinner before, so obviously us having a bit more than we were used to was gonna end up with us both getting tipsy.

We're both in my room, the lights are off and I've instead got the LED lights which run around the length of my ceiling bathing us in ambient purple light. It's really pretty, and honestly would look like a scene from a coming of age love film. Which is kinda freaky considering all the stuff that's happened tonight.

Robbie and I are in that 'happy' state of drinking, where we've both had just enough to get that bit of confidence and happiness, and we're luckily avoiding the total paralytic type of drunk. He's sprawled out next to me on the bed, and although different limbs from both of us are scattered on top of and under each other, one of my hands is linked with his in the small space beside us.

It's kinda unreal at the moment, and every now and again I move my hand ever so slightly so I can feel Robbie and reassure myself that I'm not dreaming. I didn't exactly come out 'properly' to him, but the kiss should've been a pretty good indicator. I'm surprised I actually went through with it, but obviously now I'm really glad I did.

I close my eyes, losing myself in my breathing and the faint purple glow coming through my closed eyelids. Robbie groans a little, and pulls his hand away from mine and my eyes shoot open again. I watch as he repositions himself so that he's staring up at the ceiling, and he brings his arms up to his chest.

I cough lightly enough to get his attention, and he looks over at me, staring into my eyes and he picks up on what I want immediately. His hand slips back into mine and I let out a contented sigh, which makes Robbie chuckle. I glare at him and he ignores the look, instead squeezing my hand again and I go completely soft. He continues to stare at the ceiling as we sit in a happy silence, feeling on top of the world.

'So... I guess this makes us gay then.'

I can't help but snort in laughter and Robbie smiles at my reaction. I lift up our conjoined hands.

'I think that's pretty obvious. Me being gay, I mean.'

Robbie looks at me with the sweetest smile and I swear my heart is about to burst.

It actually feels nice being able to say that confidently to someone, although I really don't know if I could manage to have that conversation with my parents. Yet.

'Well that's good you've kinda at least got that figured out. I'm not a "full metal homo", as I'd call it--'

I burst out laughing at Robbie's choice of wording, and he squeezes my hand as I do so.

'But I'm also definitely not straight. I think I identified more with being pansexual but honestly I don't really care how I label it.'

He fixes me with a look as I grin and go to open my mouth.

'I swear to God Noah, if you make a joke about me being sexually attracted to cooking pots --'

'Is that why you like pan cakes so much?'

'Noaaaah!'

Robbie's exasperated groan makes me smile in glee. I'm pretty proud of that joke, and it's probably different to all the pots and pans ones he's been subjected to since coming out. Robbie's returned to staring at the ceiling again. I know he's got so much stuff in his head and he probably struggles to get it all out, but I'm in no rush. I'm happy snuggled up with him here.