Part Nineteen

Robbie

I've finished helping Noah's mum wash up the dishes from the meal we had together, and although I was laughably nervous at the start, by the end we were comfortably talking with each other.

It'd been really cool hearing about how her and Mitchell met, the lives they've led and of course, Noah and Chloe coming along and how Noah got into acting. It's great talking about the things I'm passionate about with someone else who appreciates the arts for all they are.

I head back upstairs and then down the corridor to my room. I stop halfway down the hall, pausing to look at the family photos lining the walls. God, Noah looks like he's been this happy and full of energy since he was a little kid. It's kinda adorable. A smile forms on my face as I look over the photos of holidays gone by, and I don't hear a door creak slightly open behind me.

'GRAAAH!!'

Noah's grabbed me from behind, and I let out what's probably the least manly noise I've ever made. Noah's in stitches of laughter as I stagger against the wall breathlessly. I glare with mock anger over towards the wannabe clown.

'You little shit.'

'That's the best noise I've ever heard come from you.'

I shove him, and he pushes me back. We pause, staring each other down. I flip him off, and head into my room. I throw myself onto the bed, rolling onto my back and pulling out my phone. Noah's followed me into the room, and seats himself on the end of the bed facing me, his face still flushed from laughing.

I sit myself up at the other end of the bed.

'Are you stalking me or something?'

'Just making sure you're behaving yourself.'

He grins cheekily at me, and I roll my eyes, turning my attention to the phone in my hands.

It's oddly quiet again, but that's the thing with me and Noah -- we can have these silences and it feels comfortable. I finish typing out a quick update text on Whatsapp to my parents, letting them know I made it to New York and Noah's place alright. As the text sends, I drop my phone and find myself staring at Noah, whose now sat up with his legs crossed, facing me from the other end of the bed.

He's wearing a simple white hoodie, his blue light glasses, and a pair of black sports shorts. I don't want to stare at him for too long, but I really can't help it. Seeing him when he's not had to 'dress up' in designer stuff unlike when he's outside is really cute. Luckily my phone buzzes with a response from my parents, and I go to check it before Noah can look up and see me staring at him like an idiot.

I read my parents response and decide it doesn't need a reply, it's pretty much self explanatory. I look back up from my phone, and this time Noah and I find ourselves staring at each other. Noah looks like he's got something to say, so I just raise an eyebrow and say nothing.

'So.. y'know how you said I didn't have to come to every one of your gigs?'

I drop my phone on the bed next to me, and lean forward a little.

'Noah... what did you do?'

'You mean what did my parents do.'

'Oh no.'

Noah grins, holding his phone screen out towards me. It's displaying a screenshot his dad had sent him, showing an 'order confirmed' email, with the Madison Square Garden logo in the header.

'You bought tickets?'

'Well, my parents did. When they first went on sale.'

I frown slightly at him,  but it's really just masking my excitement. Noah's coming to see me again. Just knowing that he'll be there in the crowd makes me that little bit more excited about everything.