Part Thirty Two - Wait For Me To Come Home

Robbie

The Last Gig Of Tour

I still can't believe it. I'm sitting in the waiting room of the O2 arena. I think I'm more awe struck by this than when I was waiting in the room at Madison Square Garden. I'm a lot more 'tingly' than normal, if that makes sense. It's not the tingle of nerves though. It's excitement. I'm positively electrified and every second that goes by brings me closer and closer to the end of my tour, and I'm starting to feel a little upset by that. I don't want to leave the stage after the final song. I want to stay on forever.

As much as I'd like that, I have good incentive to leave that stage. That incentive is being able to see my family again for the first time in months, and my gran as well. And of course, getting to see Noah tomorrow and having him alongside me makes me feel a lot better about the prospect of spending a week with the side of the family who unashamedly hate my guts.

My dad text me about half an hour ago saying that him and the rest of my family had arrived at the venue, and wished me good luck. That's yet another thing which makes all of this feel even more surreal. My family are in the same building as me for the first time in seven months. I wonder if I'll be able to catch a glimpse of them in their barrier position when I'm going up on stage. Then again, maybe I shouldn't try look for them, and try to focus on 'being professional'. God, my mind is whirring all over the place and I'm kinda overwhelmed.

I notice Quinn has got up from where he was sitting opposite me, and has started getting his camera ready again. And that's when a welcome distraction, which is yet another thing adding to the whole surreal feelings I've had about tonight, walks in through the door to the waiting room. Finn Wolfhard and his band stand in the doorway, and I get up from the sofa to greet them. Finn opens his arms and I end up in a group hug with him and his band. Damn, Finn gives quite good hugs. I'm kinda jealous that Noah gets the opportunity to hug him every day they're together shooting Stranger Things.

I hear the shutter of Quinn's camera go off a couple of times, before I pull out of the hug and stand a bit awkwardly in front of these other talented musicians. Finn had got in touch a short while after Noah had said he would, and we agreed that the best show the band could open for would be my last gig of the tour. What's probably even more exciting is the fact that I'm going to be helping write some songs for their new album, after I've had some time off to myself of course. It's still unbelievable that through Noah I've now met Finn, and there's plenty of girls I know who would be very jealous about that. He's cute, but he's got nothing on Noah. Finn beams at me, and I shuffle a little nervously but manage to flash a small smile back at him.

'Thanks again for letting us play your last show dude.'

'It's no problem at all man. I'm honestly more pleased about the fact you even wanted to open for one of my shows.'

'Of course we'd want to open for one of your shows! It's hard to find proper talented musicians nowadays, and even rarer to find ones who just aren't... I don't really know how to phrase it--'

'Dickheads?'

We all share a grin, and Quinn captures the moment on camera. Finn chuckles.

'Yeah. Dickheads. I mean, if you ever want to open for one of our shows, just hit me up. We're gonna be playing some gigs soon.'

I grin weakly, plunging my hands into the pockets of my black jeans.

'I'd love to. Maybe after I've had a bit of a break though. It's been nonstop for ages, and I kinda want a chance to just enjoy being home.'

Finn nods, placing a hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

'Yeah, I get that. Well don't worry, the gigs aren't until Fall so there's a good couple months to rest. But we can always let you know closer to the time.'