Part Two

Noah

Today has absolutely dragged. I'm normally used to spending hours on set, repeating the same lines and scenes over and over again but today just feels... different.

It's Friday morning and I feel like any remaining energy I had left for this working week has been used up. Even the special brunch we had today didn't do much to lift my spirits, and I think it's starting to show.

'Cut! Take five guys whilst we review the footage.'

I'm immediately aware of how dry my mouth is, and I make a beeline for the refreshment table and practically absorb an entire water bottle in a few seconds. I'm so caught up in my hydration frenzy that I don't notice Millie watching me until I've downed my second bottle and I finally spot her, practically choking on water in embarrassment.

She laughs, grabbing her own water bottle.

'Thirsty?'

'Not anymore'

We share a grin and I wipe some of the water that's spilt down my lip. I start heading back to the set, Millie in tow.

'Are you alright today Noah? You've been... weirder than normal. You've actually been quiet.'

I just shrug at her joke as I make it back to the set and collapse on one of the prop sofas. Millie joins me, although she's got her phone out and is probably checking all the notifications she must get bombarded with every day.

'I don't know Mills. I think I'm in a bit of a funk today. It's just one of those days y'know?'

Millie looks up from her phone, nodding in agreement. We all get a bit burnt out sometimes and she knows more than most especially with the rising demands her role in this series has asked of her.

'It's weird though. Obviously when we first started season one all those years ago I was homesick and missed my family but I got used to it. But for some reason it's really hitting me hard today...'

I trail off and Millie notices, leaning her head onto my shoulder as she wraps me in a hug.

'I understand. We've all got homesick at some point. We're nearly done with this season, but there'll be family day next week when they can come and see us on set. You can always call them too.'

I nod, sniffing a bit in order to try to keep some tears from flowing. Millie squeezes me a bit harder in the hug, and it's comforting. She finally pulls away after my breathing returns to normal.

'Well look on the bright side. It's Friday so we'll have the weekend off to relax and you'll be back to your normal self and I'm sure you'll be posting more crappy tik toks tomorrow.'

I look over at her and grin.

'They're not crappy. I'd like to see you try all the new dances which start trending every day.'

'I know where to draw the line thank you very much.'

I flip her off, which she responds with in the exact same manner. We fall into a comfortable silence. I'm hoping this funk is over soon, I'm known as the hyper one whose always making everyone else happy, so the sooner this is over the better.

'Nooooaaahh' Millie croons, her standard way of getting my attention when she's about to suggest something.

I sigh, rolling my eyes.

'What is it?'

'If you want to get out of this funk maybe the best way is to unwind a bit. I managed to get tickets to a sold out show in Atlanta tonight, at the Tabernacle. You wanna go with me?'