Chapter 24: Move on? Could I?

Intellia

I was deep in thought when I heard a knock on my door, I am not in a mood to talk to anyone right as my love life is devastating me.

My mom opened the door and entered my room, she looked at me suspiciously; feeling how much I am weird and so on. Then she sat next to me on the bed and she took my hands that were surrounding my knees as I held them close to me so my head rested on them, She looked at me deeply and said:

"I don't know how am I supposed to open that same subject with you, Intellia. You know your dad and I want you to be the happiest girl in the world, we saw you grow up each day, changing to be this beautiful grown-up woman you are now. We can't live forever you know and we want you to have a life, and a family! You know we want to see our grandsons and granddaughters playing around us."

"Mom, why do you keep doing that? I am 21 years old and I am still studying in medical school while you want me to get married."

"You know your sister is graduating this year and we think it's time for her to have a life but it's just, there is a new guy that asked for your hand in marriage and I just want you to give him a chance; he is the man number thirty that you think of refusing.

People will get suspicious; they would feel like you love someone or You're, you know, with bad reputation and what would you do? You know one day one of these guys' moms asked if there was something wrong with you? Don't you get they are going to talk about your honor?"

"I know and I hate my life, okay? Mom, I thought I got you and you would stand up for me if my father forced me in marriage but what are you doing, now? You're killing me while looking at me straight in my eyes!" She looked at me sadly.

"Okay, I will go as if there is a choice; you came to give me an order. Thank you mom so much!"

"I am really sorry for that, darling.
I did that for you, I can't stand them talking about you in that way at your back.
By the way, he's a good guy; he wants to see you friendly today, so I asked your friends Rosalinda, Anastasia, and Ella to go with you to the club and after you end your workout, he'd be waiting for you at the cafeteria. Be nice, please"

"Today?!"

"His name is Ryan, if you're wondering?"

"As if that's the problem."

"There's no problem here! Wear something pinky or red with flowers or any girly clothes, don't try silly stuff to make him disinterested as your dad thinks he's the perfect match; you know good family name, social class, business, and he seemed straight forward person."

"Wow! Seems like a robot to me."

"Don't be rude."

"Mom, you know I have plans each Friday after workout so, could we change our encounter's time? "

"As if it would be something important?"

"Mom, why are you so angry at me? You were never mean to me, why?" I was hurt now.

"Well, this guy came from America for a business deal and he saw you yesterday when you came to your dad after the ball.
He liked you and he asked to get married to you.
You know that's rare that he would want that just by seeing you so, please be nice.
That's why you should meet today as he'll be staying for a short while before returning back to his work in America."

"So you asked all my American friends to go with us, right?"

"Yes, is that a problem?" She looked at me raising her eyebrows

"No"
" Of course, it's the right thing to do" I smiled wickedly in my mind, what about a set-up? Matchmaking, maybe?
Are you going to spend your life alone then? Refusing each guy for someone who isn't brave enough?
This Ryan guy just saw and I don't know what he felt...
love at first sight?
or whatever and he knew your traditions and without doubts, he asked for your hand in marriage!
Why not give him a chance? Maybe he is a good guy and would make you happy.

I wore my sport clothes and took my bag and pulled out one of my favourite outfits to put on after my workout to meet this guy... Maybe I could keep these feeling as memories to cherish after all...We weren't meant to be!

I went out, took my car and headed to the club. I parked my car in the parking lot and went to the gym, I began with stretching and then warming, but something caught my attention there was a guy staring at me. He didn't seem as if he had been training as he wasn't sweating but I just turned my head so, he wouldn't think that I was looking at him or something?

But to be honest, he didn't seem Egyptian to me; he had fair skin that were burning as they were so red, so I guess this summer scorching weather didn't suit him. Yeah! Well, let's stop with the details as this is inappropriate and I know but he was charming in a way, you could feel as if he was shining to get your attention.

I began running on the treadmill, and got distracted doing my sport routine. My alarm rang and I felt really sad, how could I cancel this important plan just for seeing a guy? Then, maybe I could tell him and I would also know what kind of person he is.

I went to the lockers, cleaned myself and wore my clothes and went to the café.

To my surprise, the guy who was staring at me in the gym came and sat on the chair in front of me and said

"Before you freak out.
Hey, I am Ryan!"

Yesterday, when I went to my dad after a guy tried to rape me and I talked to my mysterious Mr. X, I was devastated. I didn't even notice that there was someone else with him in the house and now, we're here trying to get to know each other as he wants us to get married.

"Intellia."

My friends weren't here until now, where were they?

"I know you're not comfortable as you don't know me at all and I just came to ask for your hand in marriage but..." I cut him off

"Yeah! Totally, you know I just woke up today morning and voilà! My mom told me to leave my important plans after workout to meet a guy, they think is the best match. How do you feel about that?"

"I am really sorry, I didn't want to make you angry. It's just that I liked you so much when I saw you at your dad's. Of course I couldn't get what you were saying; but you were caring, kind, loving to your dad and your little half-brother. You just hugged them, kissed them on their cheeks and that look in your eyes, you just seemed special. I didn't mean to make you cancel your plans and I am really sorry for that."

His words, oh my God, his words made me speechless.
He really seems like a good guy, I really wish he would be happy, but will I ever give him this happiness after loving someone that didn't love me back that much?
He just wanted to have fun of course. He told me he was a playboy superstar, he was honest to me but I was stupid enough to fall for his charms.
Wait a sec, girl?
You haven't seen him for once, even on the ball, he was wearing a mask. So, what charms?
I fell for his personality, his vulnerable side, or funny side, even the feisty, arrogant side that drove me crazy. I fell for him truly, could I ever forget about all of that and move on without hurting someone with me?

"Well, I haven't told that to anyone but each Friday, I go to the orphanage to play with the kids to help them then, I would go to a small restaurant to prepare meals for the poor."

"Wow! You're going to make me like you more then?
You know, why would you cancel it? Let's go and I'll help too."
"You know, I don't want to praise myself but..." he said playing with his hair making him seem so proud of himself, then he smiled and said: "I'm an amazing cook and really good with kids."

"Wow! Okay then, stop with this arrogant attitude. We'll see!" I said with a challenging look.

I stood up and headed up to my car.

"Hey, Intellia. Why not go with my car?" he said looking like a Prince Charming.

"Well, you know.
I didn't say you'd come with me in my car. You'll be in your car and I'll be in mine. You'll follow me on the road, hope you won't get lost!" I said that and looked at him, he had this amused smile on his face, oh I am in big trouble, and he's falling for me even more! I don't want him to get hurt, he's a very good guy!