Chapter 51: I kind of like you.

Wist's P.O.V
What? Are you kidding me? You are Hunter?!"

"Yeah and you?"

"Wist. This is truly one of the most embarrassing moments I've ever lived in my life!"

"Guess we'll be best friends after that!"

"Nah, thanks because I don't want more complications in my life and I don't want boy friends... You know the one with a space in between the two SEPARATE words."

"So, you don't like the one with space what about the one without?"

I looked daggers at him across the office table and he added:

"Sorry about what I said at last but I wanted to tell you that even if you disagree and try to avoid me, I'll always be by your side; I kind of like you... and maybe you could use me as your newspapers to inform you with last-minute news!"

"It seems that where ever I go, trouble always find me! Now I'll be dealing with 4 ticking bombs... Good for me, YAY!" I said mocking myself.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me because I'll never force you on, however, I really would like one day to hear about your problems and maybe you'll find me helpful after all..."

"Look, Hunter! I am not strong as I seem to be to all the people around me and now I really can't deal with something more troubling too. I hope you would give me space if you truly care about me!"

"As you like, Wist! I'm really happy we got to meet personally."

"Me too."

I stayed working late till 8 p.m. to finish the project I had to discuss with the client the day after tomorrow, but I realized a few flaws I had to warn Mr. Amory about before our meeting, because these could be considered as weakening points of the project but they could be fixed without paying too much money which would be beneficial for the deal.

I started packing my stuff and got away from the office.

As I was walking down the street to get to my house, I noticed someone was following me and this frightened me, his footsteps were getting quicker with time but I kept telling myself that maybe I was delusional that I can't tell what is real from what is imagined...

I started to scuttle off to reach my house, but soon a strong grip stopped me and I found myself facing someone I never knew but who looked really creepy, he looked at me for a while after leaving my hand and said:

"Sorry if I scared you but as you were let's say scurrying off, you didn't notice a car heading your way so, me being a Prince Charming as always decided to save you just so you fall for me but guess what after seeing you, I guess I'll be whipped so soon! And if you were wondering why I was following you...

Well, it seems you're not from here because this street isn't safe at night for any girl; that's a place where different men get... you know girls with bad reputation and if you look with an angle... at 3 o'clock, you'll find 2 men looking at you and me to wait for my departure to come here and to have their way with you; that's why as soon as I noticed you approaching that street, I had to make sure you're okay and well protected!"

"Thank you...

I truly didn't know and I have just moved here in America so, I really don't know a lot and this was the only way I learned to take from the metro to get to my house; anyways I'll ask people around to know an alternative and avoid getting into trouble and I really can't tell you how much I'm grateful to you for walking me home that late in the night...

Good night!"

"Good night! Bye...

Wait, wait! I didn't know your name...