Chapter 15: The masquerade ball

Intellia

I came back home, I had to study a lot for my exam in medicine university to be able to go to the ball...

So, let's see glucose metabolism
Now glucose is absorbed through the portal blood to the liver.
Part of it is used in the liver to be oxidized, or used in glycogenesis or lipogenesis.
Another part pass to the systemic circulation to maintain blood glucose level 70-110 mg/dL.
At last, if it is in excess like more than 180 mg/dL ( The renal sugar threshold: RST), it passes to be excreted in urine as a case known as glucosuria...
Glucose is either used intracellularly in oxidation or conversion to biologically active substances
1. Oxidation
A. Major pathways: For Energy production.
1- Glycolysis.
2- Oxidative decarboxylation of Pyruvate.
3- Citric Acid Cycle "C.A.C".
B. Minor pathways: Not for Energy production.
1- Hexose Monophosphate Shunt "HMS".
2- Uronic Acid pathway
2. Conversion to biologically active substances
1- Galactose: for formation of lactose, glycolipids, and mucopolysaccharides.
2- Fructose: for sperm nutrition.
3- Amino sugars.
4- Non Essential amino acids.
5- Fatty Acids.
6- Ribose-5-P
7- Glucuronic Acid.

.....

God! Each pathway has his site in the body were it occurs, what to do like HMS is hard; there is a lot. How could I ever remember them; let's try to take each first letter from the whole word and form a word or a sentence. Let's see...
...
Finally!
2 femmes l'attractent! (Which means 2 ladies attract him)
2 things related to women: ovaries and lactating mammary gland.
Then, liver as the L', adipose tissue AT, retina and RBCs R, adrenal cortex AC, and testis T
...
I went on with the studies
...
Hours after it, lunch was served. I went down to see my beloved family: Wist was in her abnormal state these days, Sillun was the usual funny one saying jokes to enlighten the mood, my dearest brother; Oh! I haven't introduced him properly his name is Adrian and now he's 14 but soon, he'll turn 15 years old, and finally, my mom, the one and only...

I sat there, we were about to eat tuna salad, it is actually one of my favourite food; I like it to be served with much lemon and spices...

" So I am so excited to the ball, guess Adrian you're ready to escort us and deal with all the people ogling us, right? So good luck with that, I brought you, Sillun, a dress that I am sure would fit you and you'll love it, I knew you were busy...so thank God everything is ready "

" No prob, sis. " said Adrian with his beautiful smirk, he's so protective in this subject, no one dares to look at us after he sees the consequences that got the previous. I mean you know guys at that age go to the gym a lot and they gain this kinda shape... Trust me I don't need to tell you about how he looks; he became so handsome, he had amazing blue eyes, sharp nose and beautiful puffy pink lips...he was growing to be an amazing man, I had to tease him a little bit by not telling him about the tuxedo I bought him, but I can't help my sweet heart that I am going to tell him as soon as we finish our meal; God, I am such a good sister...

Days passed quickly...and today was finally my last exam and also the day of the biggest event in my life; the ball...I can't help not think of this guy I was texting one month ago, I mean I haven't talked to him for ages but you know medical school exams they are so difficult and so stressing but, I guess I should apologize after the ball or as soon as possible for my neglect because, we're friends right?

I can't help the racing voice that is telling me " Have you ever told any of your friends your story in such details? Is he really the so-called just friend? Why were you thinking about him this whole month and feeling this guilty for not talking to him? Haven't you told yourself you won't fall for someone on the blog? Or more like in your life? How will you meet him? At first he told you he had a girlfriend, he wanted her back but after that you became friends and stopped talking about her and was more interested in his life and problems, what if you truly fell for him?