Chapter fifty-six

While Louis is left watching Harry nervously, Harry stares back at the hybrid with wide green eyes, his jaw slack with shock.

So there's still a chance that Louis is pregnant and they dont know yet?

"What do you mean you haven't taken a test yet?" Harry blurts out dumbly, needing to fill the very uncomfortable silence that they're both sitting in. Right now, the man's brain is scrambled and his thoughts all over the place. He presumed that Louis would have got Liam to buy one for him or something.

Louis musters up a clearly fake smile, his eyes apologetic and visibly pleading Harry not to get too panicked over what he just admitted.

"I didn't want to," Louis mumbles softly, his words practically a whisper. "I was afraid... I still am."

Harry's surprised expression softens a little and he pulls Louis under his arm with a small sigh.

"What's making you afraid?" The man questions, his head tilted to face Louis. Surely it's not him, is it? Louis can't be afraid of him, can he?

Louis shrugs sadly, unsure of how to answer. He knows what's making him afraid but he doesn't know if Harry will find the reason ridiculous or not. The last thing he wants is to have Harry laughing at him in his time of need. After what happened that morning, Louis' still quite delicate.

Louis' silence and obvious worry has Harry's mind gone into overdrive. Whatever the problem is, it must be bad. And in Harry's case, bad means the worst thing that Louis could possibly tell him.

Harry's face drops when a thought plants in his head, his eyes going from reassuring to devastated in the matter of seconds.

"When you went to Liam's..." Harry begins, thinking of how he is going to put what he's thinking into words. The man's eyebrows furrow in when he realises what he's about to say won't work, so he quickly decides to change the sentence.

"Was there someone else?" Harry asks straight out. What's the point in beating around the bush when he is already panicking this much?

"If you do happen to be pregnant, is there a chance that it isn't mine?"

Louis' neat eyebrows draw together with surprise, unsure of whether or not he should be offended.

"Louis, say something. You need to tell me. Was it Liam? Zayn?" Harry curses harshly under his breath, feeling his temper start to bubble up again at the mention of his name.

"That fucking prick! Did what happened this morning happen more than just then? I presumed it was just this morning! Fucking hell, Louis, you should have said something!"

Harry's standing at this stage, pacing the carpeting sitting room floor with both nervousness and anger, his abnormally large hands clenched tightly. Of course it couldn't have been a one off situation, that stupid bast—.

"Harry, stop!" Louis exclaims suddenly, watching Harry through completely bewildered eyes.

"It was just this morning. As for Liam, do you honestly think I would cheat on you? Do you not trust me?"

Harry listens to Louis, now standing still but itching to start pacing again nervously. He shakes his head, more so at his own behaviour than anything else, and returns to his position next to Louis.

"I do trust you. It's Liam I'm worried about. You're damn gorgeous, Louis, and Liam wouldn't even try to stop himself if he wanted you."

Louis looks at Harry with a soft frown but climbs up onto the man's lap without commenting on what he just said.

"Harry, it's just you. You'd have to be dad. The baby would definitely be yours. Not Liam's, not Zayn's, just yours," Louis mutters softly, one of his dainty fingers tracing down along Harry's jawline before proceeding down the length of his neck.

Harry watches Louis closely, put at ease with what he was just told. The man allows himself to smile at the hybrid, calming just for a split second before reality crashes back down onto him.

"You need to take a pregnancy test."

Louis shakes his head stubbornly and lies forward to cuddle into Harry's chest, his ears hitting against the man's chin in the process, "I don't want to."

"What do you mean you don't want to?"

"Not today, at least," Louis sighs, simply drained from all the crying, worrying and panicking that he has been doing all day. All he wants to do is get back into the routine of being at home with his boyfriend again.

Harry opens his mouth to protest yet again but soon decides against it when he sees Louis close his eyes and nestle further into his front. He wants to ask Louis why he isn't agreeing to check. Surely Louis should be as eager to get the pregnancy test done as Harry is.

If neither Zayn or Liam managed to have their way with Louis, why is he being so hesitant to confirm whether or not he conceived or not? Harry thinks it over in his head for a while, being able to think of only one single other reason.

"Do you not want to have a baby yet, kitten? Is that it? Or do you just not want one with me?"

Louis opens his eyes slowly, blinking a few times to adjust his vision again before looking up at Harry, meeting his gaze.

"I was actually thinking the opposite. That you wouldn't want to have a baby with me. Not yet, at least," Louis admits, drawing his lower lip between his teeth to nip at it nervously once the confession is out there and in the open.

Harry watches Louis closely before raising his hand to the hybrid's lip, removing it from between his teeth before Louis manages to hurt himself.

"You're right," Harry breathes out after a few seconds. "Not yet. I'd love to have a baby with you, but not just yet."

Louis nods slowly, half expecting that Harry was going to say that. But he's left thinking to himself, what if I already am carrying his baby?

(Hello! Not much happened in this chapter, I know, but hopefully you enjoyed it anyways! At least now you have a better understanding of what's happening and what they're thinking!

Please dont forget to the comment, vote and share! And, again, I'm going to take the time to thank anyone who has ever voted or commented. It honestly means a hella lot to me, so tysm! ~ M )