Chapter forty-one

It has been over a month since Harry first admitted that he too loves Louis, and neither boy holds back on using the words anymore. Why Harry at first freaked out when Louis told him that he loves him, Louis still doesn't know and frankly, he doesn't allow himself to care too much about the answer. Pondering over what the answer may be would be useless when chances are, he won't even ever know. But why would Louis need to know now? He knows that Harry loves him and that's more than enough to keep him happy.

It feels like Louis has known Harry for ages when reality is, it hasn't been overly long at all since the man first found him lying on the side of the street. The bond they share makes up for that, though. Louis seems to fall for Harry more and more with each day that passes. Even the small actions the Harry does add to it, be it Harry teaching Louis to read and write like he has been for the past few weeks or pressing a lingering kiss to Louis' cheek every night before they fall asleep.

Louis can honestly say that being with Harry is probably the best thing that has ever happened to him, and the feelings aren't one-sided either.

Even now while Louis is sitting on Harry's lap in front of the television, his head resting against his shoulder, he knows that there's no where he would rather be than with Harry.

"Louis," Harry mutters, his hands resting on Louis' thighs while he shifts in his seat. He looks away from the Christmas movie that they're curled up watching to look at Louis instead, Harry's jaw tightened and discomfort evident on his face.

Louis sits up away from Harry's chest, his head turned to look at his face with confusion. What the hell is Harry even doing? Louis doesn't know.

"What's wrong?"

"You're.." Harry starts, his hands now on Louis' hips. He helps Louis up slightly, repositioning him on his lap before a wave of relief washes over Harry's tensed features. "You were crushing my dick."

Louis can't help but smirk at Harry's words, the humour within him proving to be stronger than the guilt. He cooes teasingly at the pain Harry was just in before he kisses Harry's cheek apologetically.

"I could always kiss it better," Louis hums.

Harry rolls his eyes at Louis while raising his hips from the couch, not for the reason that Louis was just implying but to grab his vibrating phone from his pocket. He checks the screen for who is calling, answering when he sees that it's only his mate Josh. Luckily, Josh isn't one to hold a grudge, so the incident that happened at the gym is forgotten

Louis watches Harry while he raises the phone up to his ear to speak to whoever is on the other end of the line. He can't help but let his gaze settle on Harry's mouth, how his pink lips move with each word that Harry speaks. Harry obviously catches on to what Louis is doing while he talks because he purposely let's his tongue slip from his mouth and slowly drags it along the length of his lower lip, the action causing a half-hearted growl from Louis.

"Yeah, Josh, we'll see you- Fuck, Louis!"

Louis, quite rudely, interrupted Harry with a light bite to his neck, his sharp canine teeth leaving small indents on his tanned skin. Harry shoots Louis a questioning look and he receives a shrug in return. Payback for the teasing.

Harry raises his hand to rest over his neck before speaking into the mouth piece of his phone when he hears Josh's voice bugging him about what just happened and if he is okay.

"I'm fine. Like I was saying," Harry shoots Louis a quick warning look. "We'll see you there."

Harry ends the call and drops his phone onto the couch before looking at Louis with playful hard glare.

"Josh is convinced he rang in the middle of you giving me a blowjob. Thanks, Louis," Harry scoffs before removing his hand away from his neck.

Louis pouts at Harry slightly before a grin breaks out over his face at the sight of Harry's already bruising neck. That definitely wasn't his intention but he isn't going to complain that it happened.

"He's having some sort of a party at his. A Christmas party, he's calling it," Harry informs with a roll of his eyes. Any excuse to throw a party and get people to bring alcohol or weed and Josh would be all over it, Harry knows only too well what he's like.

Louis nods with a small smile before turning his head to check the time on the clock. 5.00 p.m.

"Let's go get ready," Louis hops quickly up from Harry's lap and takes the mans hands before trying to tug him to his feet too, ignoring Harry's protests that the movie isn't over.

———————

"Will Matt be here?" Louis asks while Harry pulls up outside Josh's house. He is fairly sure that he already knows the answer to his own question but there's still part of his mind clinging to the chance that he won't be there. The small part of his mind is shot down with Harry's answer.

"Probably, yeah."

Louis sighs softly but refuses to let that drag down his spirits. He is actually looking forward to this party. He's been getting on well with most of Harry's friends recently, needless to say he gets on best with Liam and Niall. Niall's going to be here too, that's yet another reason that Louis has been looking forward to the party since Harry told him it would be taking place.

He keeps himself pressed close to Harry's side while he follows him into the house, the place already buzzing with people and music. There's a drink being placed into Louis' hand nearly the moment he steps inside. He looks at Harry, seeing that he, too, has been handed a drink so Louis says nothing, only lifts the plastic cup to his lips to take a drink.

Over the rim of the cup, Louis spots Matt and much to his annoyance, Matt is staring at Harry. Louis looks up to face the man, noticing that Harry is oblivious to his overly attached ex, or whatever the hell Matt can be referred to as.

Louis finishes the drink quickly before letting the cup fall carelessly from his fingers onto the floor. Instead, he moves his hand from Harry's and fists the front of his shirt tightly before tugging the man down to his level. Knowing Matt is watching, Louis forces his lips to Harry's, knowing he's being rough but he feels Harry kiss him back feverishly so he clearly isn't too bothered.