Chapter thirteen

Harry and Louis sit next to each other while they eat their fry up that Harry quickly made up for them, Louis devouring the food on his plate.

"I haven't eaten since yesterday morning," Louis reminds Harry when he sees his questioning expression, shrugging helplessly before he reaches over to Harry's plate.

"Hey!" Harry playfully scolds when he realises that Louis is trying to take his bacon. He says nothing after that, allowing Louis eat it if he wants to. He must be starving.

Louis softly giggles at the man, his ears pricking up when he hears the sound of Harry's iPhone vibrating against the kitchen worktop.

Louis jumps to his feet before Harry has the chance to and runs over towards the phone. He looks at the phone screen, seeing that it has an unopened text message.

"Who's it from?" Harry asks, his mouth full with pudding while he watches the hybrid with his phone. He continues to watch Louis while he slowly walks back over to the table, his eyes still locked on the phone screen, concentration taking over Louis' features.

Louis eventually huffs, breathing out an irritated sigh before handing the phone to Harry.

Harry takes the phone back while he looks at the frown on Louis' face, trying to figure out what is wrong with him.

"Is there something bad in the text?" Harry asks cautiously, unlocking his phone immediately to read the text message. It is from his friend, Alfie. He is simply informing Harry that a few of the boys are meeting up the next night at their local night club for Halloween.

Harry groans slightly when he finishes reading the message, reading that he needs to dress up. He then looks back to Louis who is sitting on the chair again, seeming upset and distant.

"Lou?" Harry asks, still unsure about what the problem is. "You can go if you'd like," he tells the hybrid, thinking that that's the problem.

"Go where?" Louis asks, now facing Harry with his head tilted with wonder.

"You just read the text message," Harry reminds with a small smile, noticing the pout return to Louis' face.

"I didn't. I can't read," Louis grumbles, sighing with annoyance. It always irritates Louis that his master never taught him to read or write, but he never mentioned it to him in case he got hit for speaking.

Harry looks at Louis with surprise while he speaks, understanding why he would be so upset.

"I'll teach you," Harry tells him. "I've all of this week off work for Halloween, so I'll have plenty of spare time."

Louis' face almost instantly breaks out with a massive smile, the hybrid leaning over to hug Harry happily while he thanks him.

Harry smiles with delight. Just seeing the smile on Louis' face makes him so happy. Knowing that he caused that smile makes him feel better still.

"Just not today. I've to go get myself a Halloween costume for tomorrow night. I'm going to meet up with a few friends. You can come if you want," Harry tells Louis, knowing he'd be allowed. Age doesn't matter when it comes to hybrids getting into clubs due to the fact that their master might want them.

Louis looks at Harry silently while he thinks about his offer. A few friends?

"Will Matt be there?"

Harry slowly nods in reply to Louis.

"I won't let him near me. I won't let him near you either," Harry adds, looking at Louis hopefully. "My friend Liam will probably bring his hybrid too. He's eighteen."

"Me too. I'll be nineteen in December," Louis smiles before quietly sighing.

"Okay, I'll go, but you need to promise that you'll mind me," Louis says, raising an eyebrow to Harry, Harry nodding immediately in response.

—————

"What are going to dress up as, daddy?" Louis asks while he follows Harry into a store, his hand within Harry's.

"A zombie," Harry says, a smirk appearing on his face. "I'll need you to help me though."

"Help you with what?"

Harry pulls his hand away from Louis', taking hold of his wrist instead. He holds Louis' hand up, tapping at his fingers to show him what he is talking about.

"I'll need you to rip my clothes for me," Harry tells him, his words causing Louis to gasp excitedly.

Louis was never allowed to tear things with his nails, no matter how much he loves to. He is a kitten hybrid, after all. What's the point of having his nails if he can't use them? Using his nails comes naturally to him. It's in his nature to use them.

Louis beams up to Harry with sheer delight, eagerly nodding. He watches as the man walks further into the store, Louis tagging along behind him while he looks around him at the various costumes. He takes hold of the back of Harry's shirt after a short while, giving it a small tug.

Harry turns to look at Louis to see if he is okay, scoffing playfully when he sees that the hybrid has his arms stretched upwards towards him, very much resembling a young child.

"Feeling lazy?" Harry teases while he picks up the hybrid, carrying him like Louis wants him too.

Louis shakes his head while he wraps his arms and legs around Harry, purring softly.

"No, I just want you to cuddle me."