Chapter eleven

Louis has had enough. Having to sit between the two men while they discussed him was absolutely horrible. It is as if he has no feelings whatsoever, that the harsh words Harry's friend was saying is having no affect on him at all.

When Matt brought up the subject of Harry never caring about hybrids before, Louis had heard enough. He even waited to let Harry speak for himself but when Louis was left watching the man struggle to answer, that's when he couldn't take any more.

Louis sprints straight away to his bedroom, his eyes burning with the need to cry and his throat feeling like it is closing up. He can hear Harry behind him but that doesn't stop Louis. He doesn't stop until he is behind his locked bedroom door and splayed across his bed, his face buried into the pillow.

As much as he hates to think it, Matt is right. What makes Louis so special? How does he know that Harry isn't going to take a turn one day and beat him to a pulp? Does the man even care for him at all?

Harry runs to Louis' door once he had made sure Matt has left, starting to knock on the wooden door separating him from the hybrid.

"Louis, unlock the door!" he practically begs, stalling his knocks momentarily to listen for a reply. When he gets none, he continues knocking again.

"Just open the door. Please! Matt's gone, he didn't mean anything that he said," Harry rambles, not exactly sure if all that he is saying is accurate or not. Matt has no reason to dislike Louis, apart from the fact that he is a hybrid. "You know I care about you."

Louis continues to ignore Harry, trying hard to not pay any attention to anything that he is saying.

Twenty minutes passed and Harry is still outside Louis' door, trying to talk him into letting him in. When he finally realises that he is going no where with his pleading, he stands up with a sigh of defeat, walking away from the door, his knuckles red from being constantly hit against the door.

Harry returns to the door occasionally throughout the day, offering the hybrid various things such as food, drinks or just to talk. Each of these have the exact same turnout; Harry being ignored.

——————

Louis wakes the next morning after quite a long sleep. He had obviously drained himself out yesterday with all the crying and thinking he was doing because he fell asleep earlier than he normally would have.

He gets up from his bed, his body a little stiff from being in the same position for so long. He decides that he should go to the kitchen to make himself something to eat. He is unbelievably hungry, he had no choice but to stay silent whenever Harry offered him something the day before.

It isn't Harry that Louis is upset with, it is his friend. Louis has grown to know that Harry cares for him. Why should he listen to someone just because they say otherwise? Harry has proven that he cares when he offered to share his house with the hybrid, bought him a whole new wardrobe and he tries his very best to keep Louis safe and well. Surely that means Harry cares about him.

Louis unlocks his door and makes his way towards the kitchen with the hope that he'd see his daddy and be able apologise for how he acted the day before. Hopefully Harry would allow him to explain himself.

He looks around the kitchen when he gets there, his eyebrows drawing in towards the middle with confusion. Harry isn't there.

Louis stops himself from panicking and forces himself to ignore the various things that are swimming around his head. He also knows that Harry definitely is up out of bed because Louis had heard him when he walk passed his door; he had gotten up much earlier than usual for whatever reason, Louis noticed.

Louis leaves the kitchen with his ears pricked while he tries to listen for Harry, figuring that he might be in the living room watching some tv. He smiles when he hears the faint sound of Harry's voice say something, Louis unable to catch what he says due to the fact that it sounds mumbled, and so he walks faster towards the living room with a smile stretched across his face.

Louis is forced to stop short at the open door of the living room, realising why Harry's voice is mumbled, his smile quickly dropping. It feels as if someone has reached their hand into Louis' chest and is squeezing painfully hard at his heart, Louis unable to drag his eyes from what is in front of him no matter how much he tries to.

Matt is sat straddling Harry's thighs while they both hotly made out, Harry's hands in Matt's hair while Matt's are cupping Harry's neck, the kiss wet and mainly consisting of tongue.

Louis can literally feel his heart drop while he watches, managing to find enough within him to speak up.

"D-Daddy?" he whimpers helplessly, tears starting to fall the moment both Harry's and Matt's head snap up to look at him, their eyes wide with alarm and lips swollen.