Chapter forty-six

"I had a baby!" Gemma confirms with an excited giggle, her wild green eyes resembling Harry's. Those very eyes then turn to face Louis, the woman's smile dropping almost the second she looks at Louis and realises what she has done.

Instead of asking whether Louis is okay or not, Gemma's curious eyes look between Louis and Harry, her perfectly plucked eyebrows lowering.

"Harry, who's this?"

Harry looks away from the buggy to Gemma when she speaks, taking quite a few seconds to piece together what she is on about but he soon snaps back to reality. He reaches behind him and takes the hybrid's hand before leading him over to stand next to him.

"This is Louis, my boyfriend," Harry says, ignoring the expression of shock that's plastered across Gemma's face while he continues. "Lou, this is my sister Gemma."

Louis smiles politely over to Gemma, quite surprised himself. Not once has Harry ever mentioned that he has a sister, nor has he even spoken to Louis about his family. Louis tried bring the topic up on a number of different occasions but each time Harry shot down the discussion and abruptly changed the subject. Why? Louis doesn't know.

"It's great to meet you, Gemma," Louis smiles, his small hand outstretching to take Harry's sisters hand but Gemma has different plans. Instead of shaking Louis' hand, she pulls Louis into an impossibly tight hug.

"It's lovely to meet you, Louis. I hope Harry's living up to the role of a decent boyfriend."

Harry can't help but roll his eyes at his sister's humour. He hasn't seen or spoken to her in years but she clearly hasn't changed in the slightest, apart from the fact she is now a mother.

Speaking of which, "Have you been talking to mum recently? How is she?"

Gemma pulls away from the hug to look at Harry, her eyebrow raised accusingly.

"I wouldn't mind if you kept up the role if being a decent son either," she can't help but mutter. "But she's fine."

Louis steps back slightly, stood beside the buggy while watching Gemma and Harry converse. He has learned more about Harry's family in the past few minutes than he has the past few months of being Harry's boyfriend. It's a topic he noticed that Harry is very reluctant to speak about. Louis actually considered the fact that Harry's parents may have died but from what Harry just asked, what he thought is clearly wrong.

Harry slowly nods in reply to Gemma's answer, his gaze flickering subtly over to Louis which doesn't go unnoticed by either him or Gemma.

"Have you brought Louis to meet her? Mum will be delighted that you have someone, and Louis is so lovely too. She'd—"

"No," Harry interrupts with a soft sigh, knowing this discussion will drag up unanswered questions that Harry wanted to keep buried and forgotten about. "Not yet, anyways. We haven't really discussed it."

Louis reaches a hand out to brush against Harry's hip, sensing the unease from him.

"We can discuss it later, right?" Louis asks, giving Gemma a polite smile before standing on his tip-toes to press a light kiss against Harry's forehead. "But first we've to put the Christmas decorations up."

Louis allows his smile to widen, remembering what Harry had promised him; as soon as they arrive home they can put them up. Excitement is definitely an understatement for Louis. Never had he had any decorations up around the house with Darren. 'A waste of money and time,' Louis recollects is what Darren used to repeat every December.

Harry smiles down to Louis, genuinely this time before he looks back over to his sister. Should he or should he not invite her back to their house with them? Harry knows that Gemma has never seen his house and he also knows that he hasn't seen his sister in years. God only knows when Harry will find the time to go visit her again in Cheshire, or if he'd even want to go.

Harry's thoughts are silenced when a surprisingly loud cry comes from the tiny figure in the buggy. Gemma starts rocking the buggy slowly while shushing her child, her daughter Harry guesses from the pink clothing Gemma has put on her.

"She needs to be fed," Gemma mutters before looking over at Harry with a hopeful smile. "Could I take her back to yours? You could show me around this house of yours that's obviously too nice to leave to go see your family."

How does he say no to that?

"Yeah, that's fine," Harry nods, having to force a smile to his only sister. "You can even help Louis and I decorate the place."

At the mention of decorations, a beaming smile takes over the hybrid's face. He takes Harry's hand into his own before dragging him over towards the tills eagerly, wanting to get everything paid for so that they can all had back to the house.

(A bit of a filler chapter to catch you up with Harry's background and family. Why do you think he has lost contact with them all?

Also, I'm so unbelievably sorry that my updates have been a little out of schedule these past few days but with school and Christmas, everything has been frantic. Speaking of which though, what are you hoping to get for Christmas?

And I didn't get much feedback on the last chapter so I'll ask here again: Would you like to see mpreg be involved in this fanfic? Please let me know what you're thinking!

Please vote, comment or share. Ilysm for reading.

~ M x)