Chapter thirty-seven

Louis narrows his eyes at the unfamiliar device in his hand, inspecting every little detail about his new phone.

He sighs after a while and drops the phone onto the duvet covering his legs, pulling his focus onto Harry instead.

"I don't get it," Louis mumbles. He doesn't understand why he even allowed Harry buy him a phone. He can't even read so how is he supposed to text anyone? Despite the numerous times that he pointed that out to Harry, Harry didn't let his mind be changed. He was going to buy Louis a phone and that was that.

Harry scooted over in the bed and wrapped his arm around Louis, pulling him into his side while picking the phone up with his free hand.

"Right, all you need to know is how to ring me," Harry tells him, unlocking the phone and opening up the contacts list, making sure Louis can see what he's tapping into.

"You see here?" Harry taps his name, showing Louis how to ring his phone. "Just press that and it will ring me. That's all, kitten. You'll be able do that, won't you?"

Louis nods, memorising what Harry just did. He knows Harry will have to get up out of bed soon and get ready for work and Louis knows that he needs to have learned how to ring him. The last thing he wants is a repeat of yesterday.

"I think I get it," Louis nods, the side of his face nudged into Harry's shoulder.

"Thanks again, daddy. I'm sorry you had to buy me a mobile."

Harry raises his eyebrows at Louis, deciding against replying. He has told Louis repeatedly that it was fine and that he didn't mind, and he doesn't. He doesn't mind at all. Its for Louis' safety, after all. If Louis feels safer knowing he can contact him, then Harry is happy.

Harry plants a kiss to Louis' soft ear before dragging his body from the comfort of their bed, getting dressed for work while Louis plays around with the mobile, making himself familiar with the various features and icons.

Harry soon finishes washing and dressing himself. Louis watches from the bed as Harry pulls his hair into a quick bun, a smile fighting to reveal itself on Louis' face at the sight. Harry is by far the hottest person he has ever seen and Louis gets to call him his boyfriend.

Harry shoves his phone into the pocket of his sweats before walking over to Louis, kissing his cheek in a hurry thanks to how late he's running.

"I'll see you later, Lou, okay? Feel free to ring me if you want to," Harry reminds, knowing his boss wouldn't be too bothered about him answering his phone during work. That is one of the perks of getting along so well with the boss.

Louis nodded, smiling slightly while watching Harry stride down the hall. Déjà vu hits Louis, being reminded of what happened the day before. He sighs deeply, refusing to allow his memories start to worry him again. He's nearly eighteen, for crying out loud.

Louis shakes his head, ridding himself of his thoughts before they can properly sink in. He walks to the en suite instead, running the bath. He pulls off Harry's t-shirt and leaves it on the cold, tiled floor as well as his boxers.

Louis wraps his arms around himself tightly when he feels the sharp coldness hit his bare skin, goosebumps raising over his tanned skin.

He steps into the bath when it's filled enough, his nose cocked up when he sits down in the warm water and feels the fur of his tail become instantly drenched.

Louis starts to wash himself, his eyebrows drawn together in concentration. Washing himself would be much easier if Harry was here to assist him. He can't help but imagine Harry's large, wet hands running up and down his legs and his chest, his fingertips softly caressing his ears.

Louis turns his head, his eyes focusing on the mobile he left tossed on top of his clothes. He scrambles up onto his knees in the bathtub and leans out over the side of it, wiping his wet hands in the towel hanging next to him before grabbing his phone.

He sits back down into the hot water, thinking of what he saw Harry do earlier. He mimicked the man's actions, smiling brightly when he realised that he manages to call Harry.

Louis holds the mobile up to his ear, the smile seemingly stuck on his face. Just the thought of hearing Harry's voice makes Louis feel ecstatic.

'Louis? Lou, are you okay? Why are you ringing? Is something wrong?'

Louis giggles helplessly at the despair in Harry's voice, his fingers messing through the water by his leg and his eyes fixated on the ripples that they cause. He can just imagine Harry's face, his emerald eyes wide and his hand raising to fist his hair. Louis recently noticed that Harry takes any frustration he has out on his hair, be it tugging at it or raking his fingers through it.

"I just missed you, that's all. I'm fine, daddy."

Louis hears as Harry breathes out with relief, a curse falling from his lips.

'You scared the absolute shit out of me. What are you doing? Are you up out of bed yet?'

Louis hums softly, proceeding to wipe the shower gel into his smooth legs while listening to Harry speak.

"I'm taking a bath," he informs, a devious smile playing on his lips while he speaks. "It'd be much better if you were here too though."

Louis hears as Harry breathily chuckles down the phone line.

'I'm sure you're managing just fine, kitten. If this phone call was you hoping for me to help you jack off, that's not going to happen. I have work to get back too and it needs to be done soon.'

Louis scoffs playfully at Harry.

"That didn't even cross my mind. Like I said, I just missed you."

'I miss you too, love. A lot.'

Louis pouts slightly at Harry's words, wanting nothing more that to hug the man impossibly tight at that very moment.

"Daddy, I want you here," Louis softly whines childishly, knowing Harry can't come home. He has a job. He can't just freely come and go as he pleases.

'I can't, baby, I'm sorry... but I'm sure you could come here. I could collect you on my break, if you want.'

Louis' softly gasps, sitting upright from the laid back position he was just in. Turn down the chance to see Harry in the gym? Why would anyone in their right mind do that?

"Yes please, I want to."

'I'll pick you up soon enough. Go get dressed and ready, kitten.'

Louis nods before pulling the phone from his ear, pressing a kiss to it instead before grinning widely.

"Okay. Bye, daddy. I love you."

Unsurprisingly, the words aren't returned from the man but Louis has grown used to it at this stage. Instead of making a massive deal about it, he ends the call and climbs from the bath to get ready, just as Harry asked him to.