Chapter seventy-five

"What do you mean it didn't work?" Harry exclaims, his hands finding their usual spot tangled in his hair. His large, wild eyes are locked on Liam's face across from him. It doesn't take much to realise that any self control Harry just had over his feelings are well and truly gone. The man is a jittering mess.

"Calm down, man, yeah? Sit down," Liam says while gesturing to Harry's sofa, his voice so soothing and calm that it makes Harry want to rip his hair right out of his scalp. No, he can't stay calm. If he could stay calm he would be sitting on the couch holding a logical conversation right now. If he could stay calm he wouldn't have spent the last five days skipping meals and missing sleep due to worry about Louis. If he could stay calm he would have thought of a decent plan by now.

Instead of exploding at Liam, Harry huffs and strides over to the couch before dropping his body onto it carelessly, his gaze burning onto Liam while he awaits him to begin speaking.

"Look, I went and I tried to atleast see Louis but they wouldn't let me. At first, I just asked to go look at all the hybrid's because if I said Louis' name straight away, they'd know something is up, wouldn't they?"

Harry hurriedly nods, his greasy hair falling out of it's messy, poorly done quiff.

"But they just wouldn't let me in. They asked for my name, I told them, and they refused straight away. Are you sure it was Matt who called them?"

Harry looks at Liam with a deep frown, his shoulders hunched with impatience, "Of course it was him. Who else could it be? He basically told me the day before all this happened that we shouldn't be together. He made it obvious that he was still pissed off that I found Louis."

"I'm just asking," Liam breathes out before throwing a subtle glance to the silver watch clasped around his wrist. Niall's home alone and Liam's very conscious about the length of time that he has already been away from him.

"Liam, what are we going to do? What can we do?" Harry questions, his breathing ragged because no matter how hard he tries to think of an idea, nothing is good enough to work. He has tried a number of times to go to the pound, but they know his face well enough at this stage to know that he isn't allowed near Louis. He wasn't even given permission to see Louis, let alone remove him from the pound. "If we don't get Lou back soon, someone else will! Some... Some sick, twisted person will end up with him! Or- Maybe no one will want him because of Curly and they decide to put him down!"

Much to Harry's dismay, his voice cracks while he speaks and his own words causes tears to well up, yet again, in his bloodshot eyes. His trembling hands move up towards his face, shielding himself away behind his large hands. He wants to just hide, away from the world and all his problems. He wants things to be back to normal. He wants Louis and his perfectly swelled stomach back, along with all the excitement over preparing for their baby's arrival. But most of all, Harry longs to have Louis home just so can know that Louis is being taken care of. As much as he despises thinking out it, chances are that Louis isn't being left untouched in the pound. Even just thinking about it has Harry's stomach lurching with both disgust and devestation.

Liam shuffles over closer to Harry and drapes his arm around his friend's shoulder, his expression evidently pitiful. He can't imagine himself in Harry's shoes and truth be told, he doesn't want to either.

"When is the last time you went to the pound?"

"Yesterday morning, first thing. I thought maybe they would allow me in when it's quiet and not many people around," Harry quietly responds, his hands now clasping his thighs painfully tight while he hunches over, his eyes glued onto the floor in front of him. "I thought wrong."