Chapter thirty-one

Louis struggles to answer Harry, his eyes glancing between him and Matt quickly. He feels unbelievably on edge with Matt in the room, as if if he does or says anything out if place Matt will be the first to punish him. Louis knows how much Matt despises him after he came into Harry's life. He knows that if the opportunity is ever there to hurt Louis, Matt will be the first to hurt him, to pay Louis back for taking Harry from him. Before he gets a chance to do anything else, Harry turns his head to face Matt, Louis' hand being kept tightly in his own while he does so.

"Matt, you can go home now. Thanks for helping," Harry says, giving Matt a small smile in thanks. He watches as Matt nods, waiting until he has left before facing Louis again.

"Where did you go?"

"I told you. To Liam's," Louis snaps without thinking, flinching at the sound of his tone. If he had spoken like that to anyone else, he'd be a goner. No way would anyone tolerate that from a hybrid.

Harry slowly nods, his lower lip trapped between his teeth while he thinks. What made Louis go to Liam's house when he was cosily cuddled up in their bed? It doesn't make any sense but he isn't going to question Louis on it. He doesn't want to risk annoying Louis further.

Louis breathes out a soft sigh, his fingers tightening around Harry's before he leans forward and rests his face into the crook of Harry's neck.

Harry is quick to wrap his arms around Louis, pressing a soft kiss to the top if his head while he holds him.

"I trust you, Harry. I don't trust Matt but I trust you," Louis mumbles into the tanned skin of Harry's neck, his warm breath sending a tingle down Harry's spine.

Harry smiles with relief, his large hand rubbing small circles on the base of the hybrid's back but Louis starts speaking again before he can thank him.

"Why did he kiss you? I saw him hug you," Louis whispers.

"I don't know why Matt does half the things that he does do," Harry admits. "I think he was just trying to calm me. I was petrified. The same reason with the hug, I guess. He was just trying to settle me down a bit."

Louis simply nods. He trusts Harry, he does. Even if things are a little difficult and questions are being left unanswered, he trusts that Harry's telling him the truth.

Louis moves away from the front of Harry's body, facing him instead.

"I'm sorry I worried you, daddy," Louis states softly, his blue eyes locked on Harry's green ones.

"I just needed to clear my head and get out of the house. I should've told you," Louis leans forward to press a lingering kiss to Harry's lips, his eyes fluttering closed and his hands rested against the man's stomach. "I missed you though."

Again, Harry reattaches their lips, his hands falling to rest snugly over the hybrid's plump behind.

"Missed you too," he mumbles against Louis' lips, focused more on kissing Louis' lower lip while Louis' does the same to his upper lip.

Louis continues to kiss Harry firmly, the soft kneading that Harry's doing against his bum occasionally making him mewl in pleasure.

"I love you," Louis breathes into the kiss, feeling Harry's lips stall slightly against his own. "You don't have to say it back, it's okay."

Harry breaks the kiss anyways, his nose still brushing against Louis' softly and his eyes still half closed.

"I'm sure I will one day, kitten. You're amazing and absolutely gorgeous. I'm lucky as fuck to have you," Harry murmurs, Louis giggling softly at his words.

Louis pecks Harry's lips once more before pulling away altogether, his eyes still locked on Harry's. His eyebrows draw together slightly while he watches the man, seeing the dark glint to his eyes and bitten lower lip.

Louis' eyes gradually drop lower, a subtle smirk spreading across his face when he sees the obvious bulge.

"How much did you miss me, Harry?" Louis taunts, his words making Harry scoff.

"How much did you miss me?" Harry shoots back, his hand moving to brush against Louis' crotch. Louis growls softly, backing away before his growling subsided into needy groans.

Instead of answering, Louis turns and leaved the room, his tail flicking behind him while he purposely sways his hips much more than normally. He knows exactly where Harry's eyes are watching.

A squeak of surprise escapes Louis when he feels Harry's muscular arms wrap around him from behind, feeling himself being lifted from the ground.

"Harry.." Louis whines softly, shutting up momentarily when he feels Harry's lips on the side of his neck while he's carried. "What are you doing?"

Harry hums softly against Louis' neck, pulling away from the soft, welcoming skin of Louis' neck to answer him instead.

"I'm going to show you just how much I missed you."