Chapter sixty-eight

"Give me that, kitten. I'll try sort it out."

Louis turns around to look at Harry, a sigh of defeat leaving his lips because why is packing up his suitcase such a struggle?

"I'll do it," Louis determinedly announces, waving off Harry's offer before dropping down onto his knees on the carpeted bedroom floor to struggle to close the zipper. He knew stuffing everything into the case without any effort was a bad idea, and now he knows why.

This bedroom, though, Louis knows that he is going to miss it quite a lot. Nearly as much as he knows Harry  will miss it. It's been theirs for the past few days, and now they're packing up to leave and go home.

Harry's mind is obviously on the same topic as Louis' thoughts, because he drops himself down onto the floor next to Louis.

"I'm gonna miss this place. And everyone here. Especially mum, actually."

"Yeah," Louis breathes out, only half listening to Harry because he is finally managing to move the stubborn sip across. "Your mum is lovely. It's obvious where you get your manners from."

"Manners? I don't have manners," Harry scoffs, sitting up straight and pushing his chest out in a way that Louis can't help but laugh at.

"What is that? You trying to be badass?" Louis snickers. "You look ridiculous."

Harry rolls his eyes before reaching over to pull Louis under his arm, quickly reaching his head down to press a firm kiss to Louis' cheek before mumbling, "I'm not ridiculous."

Louis hums and rests his hands flat against Harry's stomach, catching Harry's lips with his own kiss when the man sits up straight to look at him.

"You are, but I love you anyways so stop complaining."

Harry snickers at Louis, humming while he places a few more short and light pecks to Louis' pursed lips.

"You're mean, but I love you anyways so stop insulting me," Harry responds with a lopsided grin. He let's Louis go so that he can grab the suitcase instead, yanking the zipper closed seemingly effortlessly, before standing up from his position on the floor.

"Come on," Harry breathes out to his boyfriend, hitching the case up from the floor while nodding towards the door.

"I don't want to go home," Louis half-heartedly laughs, partially joking but there's a part of him that is being serious. He isn't entirely sure why, but there's something about Holmes Chapel that Louis adores. He isn't sure whether it's because of how much he likes Harry's family or the fact that it's such a small, friendly area. It may even be because that he isn't back where he has spent most of his life, and there isn't the risk that he could bump into Darren or Zayn or Matt here. Here, in Holmes Chapel, he feels completely at ease and he loves that. He loves not having to worry.

"Lou?" Harry says, his hand resting lightly against Louis' cheek while he stares at him questioningly. It's only then that Louis realises that he was in a complete daydream, his thoughts taking over reality.

"Hm? Sorry," Louis smiles, following Harry from the bedroom and closing the door behind him softly. They're the last to leave. Gemma and her family left first thing that morning, followed by Harry's grandparents, then Ella, Ben, Matt and their parents, and now it's Harry's and Louis' turn.

They are met by Anne at the bottom of the stairs, the woman waiting with a soft smile and open arms.

Her open arms trap Louis inside, the hybrid softly chuckling while he hugs Anne back softly. Louis is replaced by Harry straight after, only Anne drags this hug out a bit longer. Harry can barely breathe normally with how tight the embrace is, and he finds it a little strange how much taller he is than his mum now but he hugs her back nonetheless. Who knows when he will get the chance to again.