Chapter seventy-three

Half four.

It's half four, and Harry still isn't back to get Louis yet. Louis hasn't moved from the couch since two hours ago, when Harry was meant to collect him. He refuses to do anything either, despite both Niall and Liam persuading him to try distract himself by doing something.

The television has been turned on for Louis, but he spends more time watching the clock on the wall than the cartoons that has Niall, who is sitting beside Louis, occupied. Louis' mentally scolding himself for not bringing his mobile phone with him too. At least then he could ring Harry, ask if he is okay and then maybe he would have some peace of mind. But then again, what if it wasn't Harry who answered the phone?

Louis let's out a soft sigh of worry, curling his legs up beneath on the sofa and wrapping his tail around him tighter while he stares at the clock with slight fret. What if Harry really has left him, Louis finds himself wondering. What's Harry doing in the first place?

Louis bites his lip harshly and tears his eyes away from the face of the clock to look over at Liam instead, the man sitting by himself on the loveseat.

The second Louis' eyes land on the man, Liam turns his head just to check up on the hybrid, making sure he's alright because, let's face it, for the past two hours, Louis has looked as if he's going to burst out crying hysterically. Liam offers Louis a small reassuring smile, and Louis attempts a weak smile back but his lower lip quivers. He feels ridiculously weak, and it's obvious. But with the thoughts that are buzzing through the hybrid's mind, being in a positive mood is next to impossible.

"Lou.." Liam breathes out softly, standing up and striding over to where Louis is cuddled up on the couch. Liam drops to his knees in front of him, and the action is enough to make Louis look away so that Liam won't see the tears that have escaped his eyes.

Niall's attention is pulled from the television when Liam cooes sympathetically, pulling Louis into his arms for a hug.

"Lou, don't worry! He's just running a little late. He'll be here soon enough," Liam tries to reassure, brushing his hand slowly down the span of Louis' back while Louis tries to cuddle into the man the best he can with the exception of his protruding stomach getting in the way.

"What's he doing, Li?" Louis whimpers into his shoulder. "What's taking him so long?"

Louis withdraws from the hug, looking at Liam through wide, frightened eyes, but the eye contact is soon broken when Niall pulls his best friend into his arms. He starts to press numerous soft kisses all over Louis' face, and Louis' skin is a little salty from tears but he doesn't mind.

Instead of calming like he knows Liam and Niall wants him to, Louis can only feel himself grow more and more frantic with his thoughts, and the more panicked be gets, the more terrible thoughts appear in his brain. He knows he isn't good enough for Harry, and now Harry is away cheating on him. As selfish as it sounds, he wants Harry to be blinded by his apparent love for Louis, because maybe then he wouldn't realise that he deserves much better than a hybrid. But that isn't the case, and all Louis can picture is Harry pleasuring some other human right now while he's trying to hold back an anxiety attack.

Louis can feel the constant burning stares of Niall and Liam, and he realises that if he doesn't escape their gazes right now, he will completely lose it. So he does what first comes to mind and pulls away from Niall's arms, pressing a kiss to the blond hybrid's cheeks in apology before standing up.

"I-I'm just- I need the b-bathroom," Louis struggles to say, his own broken sobs and shaking voice getting in the way.

Liam watches as Louis bolts to the bathroom without waiting for a response, and he pulls his gaze onto Niall instead. Niall's alarmed expression matches his own, and neither of them have any idea how to sort out Louis' sadness. It's even gotten to a point where Liam is questioning Harry's absense too. He knows the reason he's gone but Harry warned him not to spoil the surprise... but this long?