Epilogue

"Eden, be careful."

Harry speaks these words for what feels like the hundredth time since they arrived in Holmes Chapel while watching his daughter attempt to climb up onto her grandmother. She only just began walking nearly a month ago and since she found her feet, she hasn't stayed still since.

It has become almost routine for them to go stay with Anne for a night or two every few months now. Eden, much like Louis, is a tiny little thing who thinks she can take on the world. Two weeks before, it was Eden's first birthday and seeing as Harry's family weren't there to celebrate the important occasion with her, Harry and Louis decided that now would be a great time to visit again.

"She's okay," Anne reassures before leaning forward and lifting Eden up onto her lap, causing Eden to grin with delight over his shoulder to Harry. Her reaction causes a small smirk to stretch over Louis' face because if he didn't know better, he would say that Eden's laughing at her daddy being put in to his place. That's my girl.

They're taking advantage of the few glorious days they have been having by laying a checkered blanket out in the garden for everyone to lie on. Even Eden is occasionally sitting still for a short while to relax, but it's normally just so that she can yank off her sunhat and toss it onto the grass. She hasn't taken a liking to that hat at all seeing as she doesn't like having her little brown kitten ears covered.

"So you've gone back to work, Harry?" Anne brings up with a pleasant smile.

Harry returns the smile before nodding, "Yeah, I have! I went back last month. I'm glad to be back, but I'm still learning to get used to not having Lou and Eden around."

"How is everything getting on at home, then? Is Eden still having trouble sleeping?" Anne asks while her granddaughter cuddles back into her arms, her tiny tail tucked neatly up by her back.

Louis shakes his head no while Harry's arm is draped over his shoulders, Louis resting back comfortably against Harry's side now that he has the opportunity.

"No, she's grown out of that, thank god," Louis smiles. "She still wakes up pretty early but at least she's having a decent night's sleep now."

"Harry was the exact same, you know," Anne tells them with a playful scoff. "He used to get up ridiculously early and expect us to get up too."

Before she can continue, Robin strolls out from the house to join them on the blanket, a smile breaking out onto his face when he hears what his wife is taking about, "That's true, I've heard those stories many times!"

Harry smiles innocently before shrugging his broad shoulders. Robin only recently moved in with his mum. Eden must have been quite the handful, especially when Robin isn't used to young children, but he has taken to her brilliantly. Harry is about to say something in his defense but when he realizes that Anne and Robin are deep in conversation with each other now, he decides against interrupting.

Instead, he looks down at his boyfriend tucked cosily under his arm only to see that Louis is already looking up at him with a smirk playing on his thin lips. It's only then that Harry notices the oh-so-fimiliar pair of black sunglasses perched on the bridge of Louis' nose, and he purses his lips into a playful pout.

"Are those mine?" Harry questions, raising a finger to tap the frame of his sunglasses.

"These?" Louis hums while lifting a small hand to remove the glasses from his face. He squints down at them as if trying to decide whether they are his or not, before placing them back on his face straight after with a smile of innocence.

"Nope. Pretty sure they're mine."

"Wait," Harry continues, grabbing Louis' hand from his lap now that it has caught his attention. "Are they mine?"