Chapter sixty-five

Harry watches as Louis leaves the room with his piercing green eyes following the hybrid's every move, seeing that Louis' tail is held close to his body and his ears are flattened to his head. Signs that Harry has learned means Louis is either worried or upset.

Harry is tempted to call after Louis to come back, but he isn't going to do that in front of everyone. Harry notices that no one paid Louis leaving the room much attention, they simply give him an oblivious smile and continue to converse with each other.

"Why did you do that?" Harry spits to Ben, quiet enough so that he doesn't pull any attention to himself. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Ben looks at Harry, and Harry sees that there is some guilt in his eyes. But Ben being his big-headed self, he holds up his hands in mock defense and scoffs at Harry.

"I was just having a laugh, Harry. How was I to know Louis would react like that?" Ben asks rhetorically while slipping his phone back into his pocket, his eyes not leaving Harry's.

"You just showed him a picture of me and some girl! What way did you expect him to react? Laugh and move on?" Harry hisses to Ben, finding it hard to stay quiet when he's feeling so agitated and annoyed.

"I didn't know your precious boyfriend is so damn sensitive," Ben snickers while folding his arms over his chest. He doesn't see what the big deal is. The picture is from years ago. He expected Louis to realise that, not flee from the room in a mood.

Harry exhales heavily, not bothering to give his cousin a sharp response. Instead, he stands up and leaves the room too, wanting to go find Louis. That, and he knows that if he doesn't leave the room soon, he'd be hitting the smug smirk that sits proudly on Ben's face off.

Harry gives his mum a small nod and reassuring smile when her eyes meet Harry's, her face turning curious but Harry doesn't stall.

He walks from the room and makes sure to close the door behind him once he has left.

"Lou?" Harry whispers, trying to think of where the hybrid could possibly be. Louis doesn't know his way around this house, and he doesn't know his way around Holmes Chapel either.

Harry checks the kitchen, living room, bathroom and even a few of the bedrooms upstairs but Louis isn't in any of them.

That's when panic starts to kick in, and Harry can feel himself grow worried. If something has happened his Louis, he'll never forgive himself. What sort of a boyfriend, what sort of a daddy, is he if Louis has been hurt, or hit, or worse?

That's exactly what Harry is thinking while he runs from the house and to the garden, seeing no sign of the small hybrid anywhere.

He's a hybrid, and there's messed up people everywhere. Fuck, what if someone from the street abducted him? Louis' far too small and delicate to be able defend himself. Or what if he has run away? Would Louis do that? Could the picture have upset him that much? Shit, where would he go?!

Harry's hand's fly to his hair, his fingers tangling in with his curls and tugging at the strands with fear while he sprints to the front of the house, planning to continue out to the street and proceed with searching for Louis.

But Harry stops in his tracks when he hears the soft sound of sniffling, the quiet sound sounding broken and it breaks Harry's heart into a million tiny pieces, especially when his eyes land on Louis. Louis' sitting on the cold gravel right next to Harry's car, with his tail wrapped around himself and his face buried into the palm of his hands.

Louis doesn't even realise that he has been found, and he doesn't until he feels himself being pulled into the arms that he has grown to know so well. The strong arms that has held him so many times before.