Chapter seventy-eight

As soon as Harry realizes what Zayn is telling him, he shoves his keys back into his pocket before turning and grabbing Zayn's wrist suddenly, not caring whether he is hurting him or not.

Without asking any questions and risking wasting time, Harry drags Zayn over to his car before giving him a quick push towards the driver's seat.

"Where is he? Why didn't you tell me sooner, Zayn? Fucking stupid— drive me to him," Harry orders loudly once he is sitting in the passenger's seat. There isn't much left of his anger now. Instead, Harry is feeling nervous all of a sudden. Is Louis okay? Is their baby okay? Where the hell has Louis been?

Zayn starts up the car and Harry impatiently snaps at him to hurry up and to stop wasting time. Harry's hands fall to his lap and he begins to figet with his fingers nervously, worriedly distracting himself from where he is headed.

Which confuses Harry quite a lot actually. He's been craving Louis back for what feels like forever, and now that it's actually happening Harry feels worried, nervous.

"Where is he?" Harry asks Zayn after a while of silence, Harry's eyes not once leaving the familiar road ahead of him. Zayn glances over towards Harry before half shrugging.

"You'll see, Harry. Just don't jump to conclusions when you find out."

"What's that meant to mean?" Harry asks hurriedly, watching Zayn from beneath his lowered eyebrows. "Zayn, tell me where he is."

He gets a simple shake of Zayn's head in reply and it's obvious that Zayn isn't going to speak anymore. Harry sighs deeply, ensuring Zayn hears, before sitting back into a more comfortable position in his seat. Wherever Zayn is bringing him, Harry will find out eventually. It's just a matter of holding on to the last bit of patience that he has left and waiting to find out.

The drive is tense, to say the least. It is obvious that Harry is nervous, excited and still a little irritated while Zayn is just uncomfortable. He shouldn't have told Harry that he knows where Louis is. He shouldn't have, but he doesn't regret doing so. He knows that Matt will lose his shit when he finds out what Zayn did but Zayn can't find it in himself to care anymore. He is sick of taking orders from Matt and following his commands. Zayn had his reasons to tell Harry about Louis, so he did.

"I know this road," Harry mumbles more so to himself than to anyone else after a moment, his green eyes observing the scenery around him closely. Not surprisingly, Zayn doesn't answer.

Harry shakes his head with disbelief, his jaw falling open when an oncoming house comes in to plain sight.

"This.. This is your house," Harry whispers, the sentence sounding more like a question than the statement that it should have been. Not once does Harry's eyes leave the familiar house that he had been in so often before, because Louis has been here since he was taken from the pound.

"You took him from the pound..." Harry continues, trying to fit all the pieces together in his head, his for head creased with thought.

"You took him from the pound!" Harry repeats, louder and firmer this time. His words are accompanied with a swift punch across to Zayn's bicep, hard enough that it affects his grip on the steering wheel and Harry's car swerves as a result.

"You took him, knowing what it would do to both of us! Do you even care, Zayn?" Harry yells, pulling at his seatbelt which is the only restraint that's stopping Harry from launching himself at Zayn. That, and he knows that he will more than likely cause an accident if he is to do that. As furious as he is, Harry is still able to see sense.

"You're disgusting," Harry seethes over to the man, but Zayn ignores him to focus on driving. Nevertheless, Zayn's clenched jaw gives away how he is feeling. But all Harry can think is that Zayn has access to Louis for the past while, using him and abusing him for his own pleasure and Harry wasn't anywhere near to protect Louis. What state is Louis even in now? Has his condition gotten so bad that Zayn figured he should inform Harry only now about Louis' whereabouts? It was obvious that Matt and Zayn were behind the reason Louis was taken into the pound, but the option that it may have been one of them that took Louis back out of the pound didn't even cross Harry's mind.