Chapter thirty-five

"Are you sure you don't mind being by yourself?" Harry asks for probably the fifth time that morning.

Louis smiles lazily and nods from where he's lying in bed, sitting up against the headboard to watch Harry while he gets dressed for work.

"And you remember what I told you?" Harry interrogates, raising an eyebrow to Louis while pulling his sweats up his legs, Louis taking that moment to eye up the man's muscular thighs.

Again, Louis nods.

"Don't leave the house and don't open the door to anyone unless it's you. I remember, daddy. I'm sure I'll be fine," Louis says with a wide smile, trying to convince himself with his words as well as Harry.

Harry nods before pulling a t-shirt on over his head. He then leans over the empty side of the bed to hand Louis his mobile phone, knowing Louis doesn't have one to call his own.

"If you need me, call the gym's number," Harry tells Louis while he crawls onto the bed. He presses a short peck to the hybrid's thin lips before pulling away to nuzzle his nose against Louis' in an Eskimo kiss.

"I will," Louis giggles, stealing another quick kiss before Harry gets the chance to pull away completely. Honestly, he isn't looking forward to sitting around the silent, empty house at all today. He's going to miss Harry like crazy, but there's nothing either if them can do about that. Harry needs to work for income and Louis just needs to deal with not having Harry with him all day everyday.

Now that Louis thinks of it, he doesn't know how he managed life with Darren and without Harry. It's not surprising at all that Louis just didn't see the point of living when he had Darren as an owner. But now he has Harry and he can easily say that the short time he's been with Harry has by far been the best time of his life.

Louis' thoughts are suddenly interrupted by Harry when he hears the man say his name, Louis looking up to face him.

"I'm going to be late if I don't go now. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

Louis manages a laugh and nods.

"Daddy, just go. I'll be fine," Louis says before outstretching his arms towards Harry. "Give me another kiss first, though."

Harry's by Louis' side a matter of seconds later, his muscular arms wrapping around the hybrid's petite frame while he plants a gentle kiss to Louis' pouted lips.

Louis rests his hands on Harry's sides lightly while kissing him back, the kiss kept clean, consisting of only the light brushes of their lips against each other's.

Harry pulls away after a few seconds, meeting Louis' eyes and throwing him a smile.

"I won't be too long. See you soon, Lou," he stands from the bed and walks towards the door, sending Louis a quick wink before he leaves the room.

Louis smiles, toying absently with Harry's iPhone while listening to the front door being opened, closed and then locked. Louis can't help but hold back the smile from his face at Harry's worrying over his safety. His ears prick to listen to the sound of the engine of Harry's car start, hearing as he pulls out of the driveway.

Louis sighs softly when all signs of Harry have gone, being left to look around the empty bedroom.

He feels lonely already.

Instead of wallowing in his loneliness, he gets up and walks to the closet, choosing a pair of skinny jeans and one of Harry's sweaters. He's soon dressed and cuddled into the oversized sweater that smells exactly like Harry. He lifts the too-big sleeves up to his nose, nuzzling his nose against the material while he leaves the bedroom, his tail swaying behind him steadily.

He pads softly into the kitchen, the house seeming annoyingly empty and quiet now that Harry's gone. Louis' got used to hearing the man singing to himself while going about his own business, or the occasional thud of something hitting the floor.

Louis smiles fondly to himself at the thought of Harry's clumsiness while he takes a bowl from the cabinet. Once he has a bowl of cereal made for himself, he carries it into the sitting room and sits down on the couch with it.

He rests the bowl on his lap and grabs the TV remote from beside him on the couch to turn the television on. He settles on watching Peppa Pig. The cartoon pig never fails to make the hybrid laugh, and watching cartoons is so much easier than sitting through boring documentaries or chat shows that Louis doesn't ever understand.

He spends the next few hours curled up on the couch watching cartoons, willing the hours to pass quicker but they never do. Louis' left thinking of Harry, wondering when he's going to come home to him.

Louis tenses when he hears laughter outside, paranoia getting the better of him. That's definitely not Harry's laugh. Louis would know Harry's laugh anywhere.

He swallows thickly and pulls his legs up against the front of his body, his arms snaking around his legs tightly. He closes his eyes tightly, his ears upright to listen out for something.

Whatever he heard, it's gone, but that doesn't settle the pounding of Louis' heart and the worry that has taken over his thoughts.

What if they try break into the house? What if they take me and Harry comes home to an empty house, realising that I'm gone again? What if he doesn't even try find me? Louis' mind taunts him, his thoughts flooded with every negative scenario that he can possibly think of.

Louis finds himself rushing to stand up from the couch when he hears footsteps approach, the sound of the gravel crunching beneath the shoes. He doesn't know if it's all his imagination or if there's someone outside, but he's not going to risk being seen.

Louis drops himself into the corner of the living room, his body physically shaking with worry. He buries his head into his arms, biting on his lip painfully hard with the fear that he will whimper or sob out loud. Louis feels the material of Harry's sweater grow damp beneath his eyes due to his tears, the carpeted floor beneath him offering little or no comfort.

He keeps his face buried into his arms, his heart feeling like it's going to cut out and stop with how petrified he is.

They're going to find me, is what Louis' thoughts are hysterically screaming, his thoughts replacing the quietness that was previously in the house. The silence that Louis hated but his thoughts are so much worse. Where's Harry when Louis really needs him?