Chapter forty-eight

Louis keeps his gaze locked with Harry's shifty green eyes, keeping the pressure on the man to answer.

How else is Louis going to get answers? At this stage, Louis knows Harry better than Harry knows himself. He knows that Harry will try to make a distraction or attempt to change the conversation topic if Louis doesn't come across as serious. Louis is certainly serious right now. He doesn't want to be left in the dark with unanswered questions for obvious reasons.

Harry laughs forcibly and quite obviously nervously, "Where do I even begin?"

"Why haven't you seen your family for so long?" Louis asks, hitting the question straight on. No point in beating around the bush.

Harry sighs softly with defeat, his hand raising to drag back through his thick hair while he looks at the hybrid sitting on his lap.

Might as well tell him. If he's coming to Holmes Chapel with me, he will find out without a doubt, Harry mentally takes note.

"We all just fell out of contact. I moved away from Cheshire because of college but then I got my job. I loved my job too much to leave again so I stayed here and bought this house," Harry raises a hand to quickly gesture to the walls surrounding them.

"But they're your family. You could have rang them, visited them. Gemma didn't even know where you lived up until a few hours ago," Louis points out before raising his hands to rest lightly on Harry's broad shoulders. He knows this isn't the easiest thing for Harry.

This time, Harry's facial expression gives his thoughts away. His lips tighten into a line and his eyebrows furrow to meet in the middle.

"Daddy?" Louis whispers, watching while Harry awkwardly tears his eyes away from looking anywhere near Louis.

"I didn't think they wanted me to," Harry breathes out after a moment, nibbling at his lower lip in an attempt to distract himself.

"When I was younger and lived back in Holmes Chapel..." Harry sees the encouraging nod that he is given to continue. "..I did a lot of things that I probably shouldn't have."

Louis' nimble fingers start to drum against Harry's shoulder while he digests what he is just told. That could mean anything.

"Like what?"

"I, um, I drank a lot. Got high way too much and my family barely got to see me sober. I'm not going to make up excuses because there's no reason behind any of that. I still drink, you know that. I smoke the odd joint too but it's not even a fraction as bad as it used to be."

Harry pulls his eyes back to Louis, wanting to see his reaction to what he just admitted. The truth is, he saw himself as a burden on his family. Sure, when he got himself his job he managed to calm his habits but even so, he doesn't think his family would care to know how he is doing now.

Instead of being answered the way he was expecting to be, Louis frowns slightly. Not with annoyance, Harry saw, but seemingly with thought.

"So that night I woke up and you were smoking..?"

"It was a cigarette, don't worry," Harry clarified quickly, noting Louis' hands fall from his shoulders while he speaks.

Louis slowly nods, his eyes locked on Harry while he let's the new information sinks in. So that's what Harry has been hiding from him.

Louis stays silent for a few minutes, neither himself or Harry making any effort to speak. Louis is too busy thinking over all that Harry just confessed and slowly getting his head around the fact that his boyfriend still occasionally does drugs. Louis knows about the alcohol but never managed to figure out the drugs. Which, now that Louis thinks about it, was quite obvious all along. All he has to do is look at Harry's closest friends. Louis has experienced them all high at some stage, be it at a club or a house party.

"Thanks for telling me," Louis speaks up finally, his voice barely above a whisper.

Before Harry can speak, Louis continues, "I don't really mind what you do. I'm just glad that you've told me."

Harry smiles at Louis gratefully, his arms wrapping around Louis to pull him into a hug, "I'm glad you know now too."

"Have you anything in the house?" Louis mutters into Harry's ear while they hug, his eyes meeting Harry's when the embrace is broken again.

"What do you mean?"

"Weed? Have you any here?"

Louis watches Harry's eyes flicker over towards the door, guilt flashing across his features while he begins reluctantly nodding.

"I'll move them. I swear, I'll get rid-"

"Daddy," Louis interrupts, his lips curling into a smile. "Can I have a try?"

(Soo.. that's Harry's past. Let me clarify that, no, Harry isn't some sort of druggie that needs weed 25/8. Did you guess it, or have any idea about why he and his family are so distant?

Just a reminder, comment if you want to be part of this fanfic. Zayn will be your boyfriend aye. I'll be picking randomly from who comments!

Don't forget to comment, share and vote. Thank yoouu

~ M)