Chapter seventy-two

Louis' hands rub lightly over his clothed bump while he follows Harry from the hospital, the man's arm wrapped around Louis' waist. After a few routine questions from the nurse, Louis and Harry were free to leave.

Since he was told that the baby he is carrying is female, Louis' whole body has been buzzing with excitement. They'll be having a little baby girl, him and Harry. Louis' just glad that Harry managed to persuade him to find out the gender. He knows he was dead set on having the sex of their baby a surprise for when he gave birth, but honestly, he is glad that he knows now. That means he can finally settle on a name.

"Kitten, are you okay? You're being very quiet," Louis hears Harry say, Harry flattening his hand over Louis' round stomach while he speaks.

"I'm just so..." Louis starts, his mouth stretching into a grin while he tries think of a word that can atleast partially sum up how he is feeling at that very moment, "unbelievably excited. Surely you understand how I'm feeling."

Harry nods down to Louis, his expression mirroring his boyfriend's.

"Like you can't wait to have our little girl out of your lovely little tummy and in our arms instead? Because, yeah, me too," Harry nods before laughing.

Louis nods, laughing softly while cuddling into Harry's side while they walk.

"Thanks, daddy," Louis softly adds, the hybrid's head tilting upwards to look at Harry with a fond smile.

"For what, baby?"

"For bringing me here, for having a baby with me, for being such a great boyfriend, for being such an amazing daddy" Louis starts to list off, holding up his fingers in front of him so that he can count off each thing that he names. "Want me to continue?"

Harry laughs and shakes his head, reaching out to hold Louis' hand to stop him from counting, "No need. And there's no need to thank me either. I've told you that so many times now."

Louis shrugs and pulls away from Harry's side when they finally find his car amongst all the others in the hospital's car park.

"I just like making sure you know that I appreciate everything you do for me and that nothing goes unnoticed," Louis states while sitting into the passenger seat of the car, Harry sitting into the seat next to him.

"I know, darling," Harry nods with a small nod, reaching across to gently press a kiss to Louis' thin lips once he is comfortably seated. "It's the same for me, you know. I don't know what I'd do without you, Lou.

"Probably still getting high the whole time."

Harry's eyebrow arches at Louis' bluntness, and he opens his mouth to defend himself only he ends up saying nothing. Louis' right. That's probably exactly what would be going on. Harry smoking cigarette's is most definitely a thing of the past now, as are smoking joints. He hasn't taken a hit for months, but he's got used to that. He doesn't feel the need to get high like he used to, not any more. And there's only one person Harry can thank for that. Louis. Of course, knowing they have a baby on the way also helped, but it was mainly his boyfriend.

"True," Harry admits after quite a few minutes, "thanks for that, by the way."

Louis sends Harry an apologetic smile, which is followed by a soft giggle, "You stopped yourself, not me. I didn't do anything. Can we just go home? I don't think we're supposed to be parked here doing nothing."

Harry hums quietly at Louis' words while he starts the car, being reminded that he actually forgot to tell Louis something.

"We're not actually going straight home, babe."