Chapter 56- Saved.

Layla's pov

Last night was the first night in a week that I actually got some sleep. I'm assuming it's the same for Landon as he hasn't gotten much neither. I also think it was a good thing for our wolves to feel close again. It definitely made me feel a whole lot better, I honestly hate not being with him and hate is a strong word for me.

"Aut Lay!" I turned around at the small voice I heard.

It was just in time as Dawn jumped into my arms happily, her little pigtails swinging in her face. Her dress was short and blue which matched the bows in her hair.

"You look so beautiful." I spun her around, her soft giggle filling the air.

"Hey." Genevieve greeted, coming in for a hug which I returned.

I handed over Dawn to her and went to hug Jacob next with a smile on my face, "Hi Jacob."

He wrapped his arms around me, "Hey, cars." I stepped out of the hug, jokingly pushing at his shoulders.

Ever since he's found out my favorite movie was Cars and seen the picture of my Lightning McQueen cake. He's made it a life long thing to call me that as a nickname. I like it though but, he'll never know that. I've never had a nickname before besides when Landon calls me 'baby' or 'love'. So it was honestly kind of nice and refreshing, we've really bonded a lot since we've met.

Everyone was at the pack house for a dinner, it was around thanksgiving time. So the mothers in the pack thought it'd be nice to share a meal together. Before the actual day itself arrives, since everyone will want to be with their own families. And of course it was essential that both the luna and alpha be present.

"How are you doing?" Jacob asked, concern laced in his tone, he knows it's been kind of hard since Chester passed.

"I've been doing a lot better, I just don't like thinking about it, it'll just make me cry." I blinked numerous times to shake the thoughts away.

Jacob rubbed my arm comfortingly, Genevieve giving me a supportive smile. Dawn's eyes caught my own and that about made my heart happy.

"Mom I eat?" she asked, all of our attention on her now.

"We have to wait but, we can see if there's a snack for you, come on." she smiled at me, I returned it as Jacob followed her.

"I'll talk to you later, Cars." he laughed and I smiled rolling my eyes.

I'm surprised my anxiety hasn't acted up much since I've been here. Landon and I were supposed to greet everyone who comes through the door. But, it was just me right now, he said he had to do something before he came. Which now when I come to realize it, I have no idea what it was. Either way, I felt fine though I'd feel better if he was next to me.

"Wow, you look really beautiful." I inhaled sharply at Zach's surprising compliment, he seemed to also realize this.

'Hey, that's Landon's line.' Mia stated, with a meanness to her tone.

His face morphed into one of realization, "I'm sorry that was inappropriate I shouldn't have-" he looked away while nervously talking.

"No." I cut him off with a soft smile, "It's okay, thank you." he turned his head to meet my eyes, a hesitance to his still, "I won't tell Landon if you don't." he laughed in relief and I laughed at the thought of just seeing Landon's face if he ever found out.

'I'll tell Jake.' Mia grumbled and I shushed her.

"How have you been?" he questioned, stepping fully into the house.