Chapter 6- Happy Birthday.

Layla's Pov

I've never felt safe enough to get close to a pack member in years. Stupidly I had made a friend then came to know, it was all a joke and she only pretended. Brad, Steven, Chester and Jameson all managed to get everyone to hate me. Therefore I've never spoken to anyone since then, I was to paranoid of the same thing happening again. Even as my own mate stares at me like he cares.

Could I really trust him not to hurt me like his pack has?

"Leave." his wolf growled, at the doctor all while his eyes locked on me.

Paul practically ran out of the door, who wouldn't, an angry alpha was never good. I looked down not being able to hold his gaze, was he mad at me?

When one of the boys were mad they'd let their wolf take control. Those were some of the worst days of my life. As he approached me I couldn't help but, flinch. I didn't mean to it was just instinct, no person has ever been so close to me without hurting me. Slowly his forefinger went under my chin tilting my head up while his thumb rested against my chin.

Landon's wolf was definitely still out, his black eyes were a sure sign, "I'm Landon's wolf, Jake and I would never hurt you, you're mine Layla." he spoke with certainty in his tone.

Surprisingly, it felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. So he wasn't going to reject me, I couldn't believe this. Why would he want me when he was the strongest alpha, me being nothing but, a weak runt. There also goes my plans of leaving this whole pack behind.

"Say something." he whispered, still staring me in the eyes.

"I-I didn't even know I had a mate." I said, honestly not knowing what else to say.

"Why?" his eyebrows creased in confusion.

"M-my wolf is gone." I simply stated, as he growled.

"What do you mean gone." he asked, seeming like he was on the edge.

"She's been gone for a while now I haven't spoken to her since.." I stopped talking as I caught myself, "..Well that doesn't really matter." I finished before fiddling with my hands again.

"Since when Layla, tell me." he urged, his thumb caressed my chin spreading warmth and sparks throughout my body.

Crap I've really done it now, should I tell him, maybe he could protect me. Then again why would he because, I'm his mate?

"I can't." I whispered, closing my eyes and sighing trying to focus on anything but, his touch.

I heard him sigh before he asked, "Can you at least tell me why you think your ribs are broken?" he released a growl at the end while I stood quiet not knowing what to say.

"Fine then tell me this.." his hand left my chin making me feel hurt in a way, my eyes opening slowly, "Why was your nose bleeding when I seen you yesterday?"

Now he was staring at me curiously, "I-I get nose bleeds, I just happened t-to get one." I managed to make up.

"You're lying." he said with a growl, "Stop lying and just tell me," his hands cupped my face as my eyes widen in surprise, his eyes were now his original color, "No one is going to hurt you now, do you understand?"

I couldn't tell if he was lying all I got was the truth from him. Who did I ever have in my life that said they wouldn't hurt me. No one, he was it, at this moment I needed to decide if I trusted him. Everything he's done hasn't given me a reason not to.

"I-it was Steven." My heart made the decision before my mind could even catch up.

The next moment I wish I hadn't said anything, I watched him shake with anger. Within a second his wolf was trying to take control. Another second passed as he closed his eyes only to open them to reveal Landon still in control.

"What happened." he sounded like he was using all of his might to stay calm.

"I d-don't think you wa-" I started, only for him to cut me off.

"Now." he used his alpha tone a little, now I had no choice.

I sighed, "Brad spilled something on the floor so I went to clean it up and Steven kicked me." Once I finished the story his eyes were pitch black while he growled loudly.

"And you said sorry for bumping into me?" he shook his head, laughing humorlessly, "I'm going to let the doctor run a few more tests I should be back by the time he's finished." he seemed so angry when he said this, he even slammed the door shut.

Where was he going, did it involve Steven. My thoughts were short lived as the doctor came in to run numerous tests on me. I had two broken ribs, a concussion, and he gave me a type of lotion to put on my bruises he seen everywhere. It felt embarrassing to have him see them, I felt ugly. At the same time I felt myself wanting the presence of Landon here to stop him when I wanted.

Now I was currently walking to my bedroom since Landon was taking forever to come back, well more like limping. The doctor had finished and I couldn't stand another second in that room. I wanted my room, my very tiny room where I could just sleep. Sleep sounded amazing right now. But, it hurt to walk so badly, maybe I should have waited for Landon instead.

Suddenly, I was pushed against the wall harshly making me yelp in pain. My mouth being covered by a hand, roughly.

"Where the fuck is Brad and Steven alpha Landon took them and he hasn't said a word about it if you say anything about us to him I'll kill you." Jameson shouted, while I seen Chester acting as a look out.

I could only nod as I shut my eyes, scared that he would do anything to cause more pain to my ribs.

"Um...Jameson." I heard Chester say.

"What!" he yelled, while I opened my eyes to see Landon or more like Landon's wolf standing at the end of the hallway.

"If you don't get your hands off of her you're not going to have any at all." he shouted with a growl, behind every word, you could just see the anger rolling off of him in waves.

Jameson slowly but, surely removed his hands from me and took a step away. I let out a breathe of relief, I hadn't known I'd been holding while my eyes drifted to Landon. Then two other guys stepped into the hallway, they seemed to be guards.

"Take them to the cells where Brad and Steven are, now." he stated, looking over to Chester who's eyes grew wide.

So that's what he meant by taken care of. They were all going to the cells which was a prison for rogues or any wrong doing wolf.

"Yes alpha." The guards replied, before grabbing Chester and Jameson against there will to the cells.

Once everyone was gone he came over to me making sure I was okay before dipping his head into my neck and inhaling. An act that people say calms an angry mate, while I was just flustered by the act. It was a second before he pulled away his eyes a normal shade of brown now.

"You know I said I was coming back." he said, with a small smile.

"I know I just wanted to be in my o-own room and you were taking so long." I replied sheepishly.

I watched him smile brighter, he had the most attractive smile, "My apologies love, now could I carry you, doctor says no walking yet remember?"

My only reply was to nod shyly while his hands swiftly yet gently picked me up bridal style. It was odd and not familiar but, I think I laughed a little at the action. I hadn't smiled let alone laugh in quite some time. The sparks were almost everywhere by now.

"Could you show me the way to your room now?" he asked with a smile, I knew he heard me laugh.

"Yes." I spoke gently, while I laid my head against his shoulder.

This birthday was definitely one of the more decent birthdays I've had in a while.

————————

How was this chapter, you got to see a little cuteness between them and discovered where the boys are.......

What do you think Landon's doing to them? Or Steven?

How do think Jake feels about Layla's wolf being gone?

Vote and comment, ilyy!!!!!

Ps I want something to call my supporters so leave suggestions below xx