Chapter 18- The Great Gatsby.

Layla's pov

"Here, my love." A plate of food was placed in front of me while I stared at it.

I couldn't even think straight, let alone eat. That was my first kiss, with my mate who wants me or at least claims that he does.

"Layla.." his voice drifted to my ears as I seen him holding a spoon filled with some food from the plate in front of me, "Will you eat for me?"

"Yes because, I'm hungry not because, you asked."

My eyebrows scrunched up as I grew incredibly confused from the voice I just heard. I couldn't think much of it since I seen Landon wearing the same expression.

Had he heard it too?

Before we could even speak, an older women's voice was heard from upstairs, "Landon, is that you?" her tone was soft and gentle.

My curious eyes met his that were already looking in the direction of the voice. Soon his eyes met mine and he put the fork of food down, holding his finger up signaling to give him a second. As I watched his back retreat from the kitchen I frowned in confusion.

Who was that?

After our kiss, I was a blushing mess more so surprised. This was all so new to me and I just didn't want to do anything to make Landon disgusted by me. People have been disgusted by me since my parents left, I just didn't want the one person, who's supposed to care about me to be disgusted of me. He had moved me back to my seat so he could cook me dinner while I watched in complete silence. Every now and then he'd glance up to meet my eyes while I looked away quickly.

Now the meatloaf was finished along with smashed potatoes and I couldn't stop the growl that left my stomach at the sight. Without a second thought I started to devour the food at a fast pace. The food tasted amazing, even more so knowing he cooked it for me. I started to hear footsteps coming back to the kitchen so I slowed my pace down, not wanting to seem like a starved animal. When I looked up I seen, Landon helping an older woman who looked a lot like him, in the kitchen.

If I'm not mistaken I think this is his mother, her hair was brown with the exception of grey hairs. Plus her eyes were a golden brown showing just where Landon got his eye color from. Her hands were around Landon's forearm as they walked in, my head instantly snapping down. It was rude to stare, plus if this was his mother, I was so not ready for the meet your mother thing. Another thing was, would she even approve of me.

It was a couple seconds before my head was lifted to meet Landon's eyes, "What'd I tell you earlier?" his tone was serious as he seemed irritated but, not by me but, by my gesture.

I had the urge to say sorry but, remembered he didn't like that much either, "Um, t-that you didn't like w-when I looked down." I whispered out, feeling a weird feeling in my stomach at his gaze.

A moment of silence passed before a small smile graced his face, his thumb caressing the side of my cheek gently, "Thank you for eating."

Soon a smile made it's way onto my face as both of us stared at one another. It seemed like a never ending staring battle while we tried to remember every feature of one another.

"Ahem." The clearing of a throat broke us from our stare, as we both turned our heads towards the woman who was now sitting at the table.

"Sorry, mom." Landon's answer confirmed my suspicion and now I was just a nervous wreck, "Layla,  this is my mom, Audrey, mom this is Layla Anderson-"