Chapter 51- A Good Day.

Layla's pov

I smiled at pack members, mumbling greetings to them as I walked to Audrey's house. I hadn't talked to her since the whole thing with Steven. And I miss her, she gives me a certain sense of comfort no one else can. But, while walking I didn't plan on bumping into Chester.

"I'm so sorry luna, I didn't- wasn't- watching where I was going, are you okay?" he rushed out all in one single breath.

I smiled a bit, "Yeah Chester, I'm fine, calm down." he released a visible sigh of relief.

"Well, since I've got you here can we talk?" he asked.

'No.' Mia shouted.

"Sure." I replied, we both walked over to a nearby bench taking a seat.

I crossed one leg over the other, placing my hands in my lap. While he nervously sat beside me, making sure there was a big gap between us. He was practically falling off of the edge. But, I felt he was doing this to make me comfortable so I didn't say anything.

"So, ugh, how have you been?" he asked, looking to me with genuine concern.

"I've been really great." I smiled, "How about you?"

He sighed, looking down, "I've been, well." he stammered a bit, scratching the back of his neck, "I've been writing this letter."

"Letter?" I questioned, fidgeting with my hands.

"Yeah, a letter to you." he looked to me, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a folded piece of paper.

My eyes widen a bit, "Why woul-"

"I have a lot of emotions about what I did to you." he cut me off, looking me in the eye, "Most of them get lost in my head and I didn't want to lose them so I wrote them down." he looked away quickly, "It's not perfect and it's not ever going to make up for what I did to you but, I want you to have it." his tone was a bit shaky but, grounded.

While his arm outstretched to me handing me the letter. I side smiled and took it from him, about to open it until he stopped me. Making me jump at the sudden movement from him.

"Don't!" he shouted a bit, before realizing, "My bad, I'm sorry, I just." he sighed, his head shaking, "Just don't read it now."

I bit my lip, nodding my head, "Layla."

When I looked up I seen Jacob walking towards us, not happy might I add. So I stood up as well as Chester.

"Is he bothering you?" he asked, already glaring at Chester.

"No, Jacob we were just talking okay?" I put my hand on his chest, "Come on." he looked at me then turned around.

Before walking away I turned to Chester, waving his note around, "It's the thought that counts." he smiled a bit, which was nice.

I don't think I've ever seen him smile before.

•••

"Oh, Layla!" Audrey beamed when she opened the door, immediately pulling me into a hug.

I smiled as we hugged, Landon definitely gets his hugging from his mom, "Hi Audrey." her scent of coconut filled my nose.

She pulled away, pulling me inside her house and shutting the door. We walked through her hallway and that's when I realized. This is my first time here in Landon's childhood home.

"I'm so glad you're here, has Landon gotten annoying?" she asked, playfulness in her tone while we entered the living room.

"Never." I stated with a laugh, sitting down on the black couches, Audrey sitting diagonal from me on the other couch.