Chapter 19- Mia.

Layla's pov

The sound of birds was the first thing that caught my hearing before Mia obnoxiously trying to wake me up. Every morning she'd sing different songs to lighten my mood right now it was just-

Wait, Mia?

'Um, yes?' The voice was definitely her, she sounded just as angelic as I remembered and unsure for a second.

'You can hear me?' her voice was loud, my eyes widening in surprise.

I tried to sit up but, Landon's arm around my waist prevented me. Slowly and nervously my hand touched his forearm trailing up, his arm flexing under my touch, causing a little smile to etch onto my face. Sparks shot throughout my hand as I moved his arm off of my waist, that instantly gripped me tighter. I tensed, looking up at his eyes that had snapped open to meet mine.

Once they met mine though they softened, "Sorry." he stated, his eyebrows drew together and he withdrew his arm from my waist.

Landon and I were in his room we had to be, his scent was everywhere. I must have fallen asleep and he carried me to his room. Once he started to retreat his arm away from me I grabbed onto it before he could. Slowly I started to trail my finger over his veins softly then over to his fingers as I examined how tiny my hand was compared to his. As I did so I could feel his gaze burning the side of my face.

'Hello!' The same voice rang in my head, I sat up in the bed, dropping Landon's hand in the process.

'Mia?' I asked, in a curious voice drowning out Landon's concerned calls for me.

'Yes, yes Layla it's me, oh my god, how in the world can you hear me?' she all but, shouted, I felt my eyes water from actually getting confirmation that it was in fact her voice.

'I-I don't know.' I replied, feeling a tear slide down my cheek as I was lost in a trance.

'I've always been here, ever since that day but, you couldn't hear me.' she stated, while my eyebrows came together in confusion.

Mia was always here, how could that be. Why am I hearing her now?

"Layla answer me!" Landon's scent filled my senses and I was brought out of the mind link with Mia.

When my eyes met his I noticed how his grip on my arms tightened, he sighed and moved them up to cup my cheeks. The concern swirling in his hazel eyes was evident as he stared down at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked gently, his thumb wiping away the tear.

My cheeks felt warm as I noticed we were in fact in his room. Though I couldn't stop myself from smiling up at him.

"Mia is back." I said quickly, "Well she's always been here, I guess." I muttered in confusion, Mia was quite literally bouncing around in my head.

'This is amazing, holy shit! I missed you, wow, this is amazing.' My smile only grew as her words filled my heart with what they always did, hope.

"She is?" Landon asked, urgently his eyes suddenly swirling with colors, his right hand burying deep inside my hair.

My heart was beating so fast I'm surprised he couldn't hear it, unless he could. Other than that the sparks I felt seemed more electric, like our bond had gotten stronger somehow. The only explanation I could think of was, Mia, it's never felt like this between us before. Sure, there was sparks but, now it was induced like a shock without the pain, only pleasure.