Chapter 69- My Angel.

Landon's pov

"Are you ready my love?" I questioned gently, eyeing her over in the mirror, she was so beautiful.

She wore this black dress that fit her perfectly, showcasing her adorable belly. Her long black hair was curled by my mom who had came over earlier. She's been such a huge help to us mostly to Layla. I know that she's hurting a lot about the miscarriage and so am I. But, I know I'm doing a more better job at trying to hide it because, I want to be strong for her. Layla has been so sad these past couple of days yet she has her moments.

Moments where she lets herself feel and be happy enough to smile but, it's like every time she does she feels wrong about it. So then she sinks back into this pit of sadness that she tries to crawl out of. I see how hard she's trying and that makes me want to try too.

I'm not sure if she knows that I've figured it out yet but, I know that the miscarriage was the consequence she was so worried about. It's kept me up at night the guilt is so heavy on my chest and it's so hard to hide through the mate bond. Jake is rather hurt by everything as well especially that Mia hasn't spoken to him yet.

"Yeah I'm ready." she whispered, turning around to meet my eyes with a small smile.

I held out my hand and allowed her to slip hers into mine. Then I lead us downstairs in peaceful silence before letting go of her hand to grab our stuff. I grabbed her sweater from the chair and the small blue box off the table. When I walked back over to her she was eyeing the box and I lifted her chin.

"I love you." I said as I leaned down to place a soft kiss against her lips.

"I love you." she whispered back.

We locked hands again and I opened the door to allow her out first before following behind. She had her arms wrapped around mine as we walked to the river. Leaves crunched underneath our feet and when the cyan colored water came into view so did our family. Jacob, Genevieve, Dawn and my mom were standing by the boulders where Layla and I first talked about my dad. They were all dressed in black, and Zach and his mate were also stood with them.

Some of the pack was here too off to the side and everyone caught our eyes as we walked closer and closer to the boulders. When we got there Zach gave me a hug while Jacob gave Layla one. Afterwards my mom came to hug me even if she just seen me an hour ago. Her hug was still very much appreciated. Once the greetings were over, Layla knelt down with my help in front of the big grey rock.

I kneeled beside her and started to dig with a hand shovel Jacob brought for a small hole. Inside I could feel my sadness blooming mixed with Layla's. She had the blue box on her lap and undid the ribbon to see his little onesie one more time. Her green eyes were already filled with tears as she took the baby blue onesie out of the box that said 'Prince'. I bit my lip to keep my own tears in, she hugged it to her chest and I rubbed her back.

"I love you so much." I heard her whisper and I eyed the little onesie, reaching over to rub the material between my fingers.

I moved my hand up when I felt a traitorous tear slip from my eye. Jacob was standing behind her and had a comforting hand on her shoulder. While my mom did the same for me. Layla folded the small piece of clothing before putting the lid back on and tying the dark blue ribbon again. Then she leaned over to place the box inside the hole I dug.

She cupped some dirt to push over the box and I did the same. Genevieve then motioned for Dawn to step forward and give Layla the flower they picked out. It was a bright red rose that was still growing. Layla gave it to me with a small smile and it hurt me when I seen her tear stained face. I leaned over and kissed her cheek tenderly before pulling the flower from the pot and burying it into the dirt that went over the box.